News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Depots extensions

Started by nitromefan, July 09, 2010, 10:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitromefan

Is there any depots bigger than our current ones? Why im asking this is because out current ones don't seem real. the train is 128x640 pixels and the depots are 128x128 pixels. To me this doesn't make any sense that a 128x640 pixel train can come out of a 128x128 pixel depot.   

???

Isaac Eiland-Hall

No, there are no multi-tile depots.

Simutrans operates with multiple size scales. For example, one tile represents one square kilometer for things like transporting goods and the overall size of cities.

So yes, that means that roads and tracks and houses fill one square kilometer; but of course, there are multiple scales, so not really.

It's been a while since multiple-tile depots were requested. I think the end result was that it's too much effort for something that's just not that important.

If you want to simulate a longer depot, perhaps you can build track in front of the depot, and use a station that hides the train - although there may not be an available depot like this for pak128.

Another solution would be to get the source depot graphics and paint a station that would look like an extended depot, and there again, place it on track in front of the real depot.

mobo

Quote from: Isaac.Eiland-Hall on July 09, 2010, 11:07:29 AM

If you want to simulate a longer depot, perhaps you can build track in front of the depot, and use a station that hides the train - although there may not be an available depot like this for pak128.

Another solution would be to get the source depot graphics and paint a station that would look like an extended depot, and there again, place it on track in front of the real depot.

interesting idea! one could also use some extension building and build it behind the depot.

nitromefan

Yay i found a station which actually looks like a depot. Just so others can see it and download it i've put a link to it below. :D   

http://japanese.simutrans.com/index.php?plugin=attach&refer=Addon128%2FOthers&openfile=syako.zip

VS

Regarding 128, in the old "free export" lurking around should be the depot graphic, just turn that into station and you can pretend it's a long depot ;) Alternatively it can extension building, of course...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Fabio

Quote from: VS on July 09, 2010, 11:38:43 AM
Alternatively it can extension building, of course...

unfortunately, the extensions can only be built near stations, so you need a station AND an extension.
It would be nice to have implemented "DEPOT EXTENSIONS", buildable only near to depots AND which can influence the Depot capacity (e.g. one depot can only build up to 4 waggons, every extension could add another 4-8 waggons capacity per tile).

Zeno

I like this idea of a wagon per tile support with depot extension. Maybe it should allow additional wagons per depot extension based on total vehicle length instead of number of wagons, but definetly the idea sounds good :)

Fabio

Moving to Extension Request :)

VS

Depots are insanely costly at least in pak128. It might be an interesting option to have them cost according to "capacity"...

On a semi-random tangent, being able to place extension buildings anywhere outside stations (like behind depots) is something that would enhance "eye candy factor" of the game.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

The Hood

We had a similar discussion in pak128.Britain: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=5126.0

Would definitely support added eyecandy to be built on tracks and on bare land.  I'm also in favour of multiple tile depots, but I understand that would change the game a bit (and change gameplay for old saves quite a lot!) so maybe that isn't so likely to get done.

Václav

I found on japanese.simutrans.com multi-tiled depots for download - but I have not ever tested them.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

nitromefan

Yea i've seen them too. They actually don't work as a depot themselves , they need a depot at the back to work as one. They are good for making the depot look longer. That's what i had a link to earlier. I'll put a link to those again below.

http://japanese.simutrans.com/index.php?plugin=attach&refer=Addon128%2FOthers&openfile=syako.zip

Václav

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

nitromefan

at first i didnt know about then but then a friend in real told me about them. I didn't know about them when i posted this request.

stmaker

1km = I square tile

Interesting.
Version using: Simutrans v111.0
Paks: pak64, pak96.comic, pak128 openr582, pak128.Britain, pak128.Japan, pak192.comic
Using: Paint.NET, Paint, Photoshop, SketchUp
Future Addon(s): Building (Link)
Current Addon(s): Eye-See Mart and Several Building addons  Ask me any questions. I'm free.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Yes and no. One scale is 1 tiles = 1 sq km, but there are multiple scales. Graphics, for instance, do not use this scale.

stmaker

Quote from: Isaac.Eiland-Hall on August 20, 2010, 07:25:01 AM
Yes and no. One scale is 1 tiles = 1 sq km, but there are multiple scales. Graphics, for instance, do not use this scale.

Ok...
Version using: Simutrans v111.0
Paks: pak64, pak96.comic, pak128 openr582, pak128.Britain, pak128.Japan, pak192.comic
Using: Paint.NET, Paint, Photoshop, SketchUp
Future Addon(s): Building (Link)
Current Addon(s): Eye-See Mart and Several Building addons  Ask me any questions. I'm free.