News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Poll: screen resolutions

Started by vilvoh, July 15, 2010, 05:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vilvoh

Nowdays, many people have computers with a lot of RAM, fast microprocessors and powerfull graphic cards. I don't know if Simutrans is prepared for such an scenario, but first of all we should find out if people takes advantage of those capabilities that their machines offer when they're playing to simutrans. Thus, I would like to know which resolution do you use when you play to the game.

PS: I guess almost everybody play in fullscreen mode...

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Zeno

Quote from: vilvoh on July 15, 2010, 05:02:49 PM
PS: I guess almost everybody play in fullscreen mode...
Not me. I use FullHD resolution, and the game is completely unplayable in fullscreen mode... I use to keep the window by half the screen to play :)

Sybill

Actually it's a bit smaller than 1280x1024 because i have my gnome panels on.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I'm currently running 1600x1200, only because #$(*ing drivers won't let me run the 2048x1536 I used to.

I play in maximized window mode, so I can leave it running and play some while I work on other things. :)

So for me, 1600x1200. I also run SDL instead of GDI because GDI is jerky, SDL is pretty fast.

MoTw

I've got a 1024x768 screen. I use maximized windows for playing, with two gnome panels reducing the space a bit.
world is like a parachute: it works better when it's open
whenever you feel lost and alone, always remember your calculator is something you can count on
pak96.comic addons

ӔO

I play it with 1680x1050.
I wish I could play it with dual screen enabled, but it seems like my graphics card or drivers don't handle simutrans on one screen and firefox on another without being very choppy.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

VS

I'd love to use hd fullscreen, but I usually play with trunk and didn't change compilation to sdl... So only a large window.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

gauthier

I can't understand what is the use of dual screen for personal computers ... we have a wondeful task manager at the bottom of the screen  :-[

Isaac Eiland-Hall

That's offtopic here; perhaps I'll start a discussion in the Forum Lounge - but I need sleep first. :)

vilvoh

Quote from: AEO on July 15, 2010, 09:46:11 PM
I wish I could play it with dual screen enabled, but it seems like my graphics card or drivers don't handle simutrans on one screen and firefox on another without being very choppy.

My laptop is quite old, 4 or 5 years, but I can play with dual screen at 1280x1024. I was wondering if would be possible to play in dual screen mode with Simutrans occupying both screens at the same time.

Zeno

Oh, you can, but I don't feel very comfortable though. I prefer simutrans in one screen and the forum website in the other :D

vilvoh

Zeno

Yes I've tried it, but as I said I don't feel comfortable at all. Consider that I have different screen resolutions (1920x1080 and 1280x1024) so that is a possible cause about why I do play only using one screen.

mobo

this is also pak set dependant: smaller pakset on high resolution ->more objects need to be displayed at the same time -> more work for the machine

OTOH each of the objects is smaller(in kb), but that doesnt outweigh the amount it seems.

So, i'd love to play fullscreen, but with p32 and 1280*800 it's too choppy.

skreyola

I don't think the poll is working for me. I got an error.
I run ST in a window at 800x600. Anything much more than that, and my processor starts getting hot. And I generally run with small maps (<= 256 on a side). I see some of the map sizes people play with, and I just can't imagine my machine running them.
--Skreyola
You can also help translate for your language with SimuTranslator.

vilvoh

There's only one vote for the 800x600 option, so I guess your vote has been counted.

Václav

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní