News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Mac OS X - Slowness

Started by Nicolas Catalani, July 17, 2010, 09:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicolas Catalani

Hello everybody,
Today I installed on my Hackintosh (Mac OS X ported to PC) simutrans. I felt many delays, that the same computer with Windows 7 Ultimate did not happen and also a few days ago I had tested with the macbook of my friend and gave the same slowness.
What's wrong? In my opinion, I think the Slowness it's caused by the version being simply ported to Mac OS X.

vilvoh

Please do a little search at the forum, the Mac slowness issue has been discussed several times before.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Nicolas Catalani

Quote from: vilvoh on July 17, 2010, 10:09:43 PM
Please do a little search at the forum, the Mac slowness issue has been discussed several times before.
Ok, thanks.

micslu

Unfortunately the fundamental problem is that none of the Simutrans developers has Mac access so Mac specific bugs are left unresolved. It seems majority of Mac problems are related to SDL interaction.

I have MacBook and the arrow keys fail to move the map, making it very difficult to navigate. This seems to be a long unresolved problem. So I am resigned to playing Simutrans at work on Vista (crap!) PC behind several Excel worksheets but that's another story.

Cheers