News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Medicine vs Chemicals at Packaging Plant

Started by deMangler, July 19, 2010, 04:20:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deMangler

I have a question.
My medicine Packaging plant turns chemicals from chem factory into meds. It supplies a pharmacy, which also is supplied with chemicals from chem factory.
The problem I have is that it appears that the transport trucks would rather take the chemicals from my medical plant to the pharmacy than the meds.
As a result I have chemicals being taken to the pharmacy from the chem factory. ok.
I have chemicals being taken to the med plant from the chem factory. ok
Then I have chemicals being taken from the med plant to the pharmacy (by the trucks in my med transport line), instead of being turned into meds. - not ok.
Is there a way to fix this, like telling the line which goods to transport or something.
Strangely, I have never needed such a feature before, or not noticed the issue anyway.
I have different freight yards for delivery and collection to avoid jams, obviously they are connected.
It is standard 102.2.2 pak64 (default)
Thanks in advance.
dM

Combuijs

Are all mentioned connections direct? And have they been direct in the past?

Simutrans takes the route with as less interchanges as possible. So if the chemical plant is directly connected to the pharmacy and there is no direct route from the chemical plant via the medical plant to the pharmacy then this is odd behaviour. If however there is no direct route from the chemical plant to the pharmacy and it needs an interchange, and there is a direct route from the chemical plant to the medical plant and there is a direct route from the medical plant to the pharmacy then this is expected behaviour. So look at the number of interchanges needed between those routes.

If you have built a direct route from the chemical plant to the medical plant and a direct route from the medical plant to the pharmacy, and only after those two built a direct route from the chemical plant to the pharmacy , then this is the expected behaviour too, but it will be solved as time goes by, because from now on the direct route will be used.

Are you still there?
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

deMangler

Quote from: Combuijs on July 19, 2010, 10:19:56 AM
Are all mentioned connections direct? And have they been direct in the past?

Simutrans takes the route with as less interchanges as possible. So if the chemical plant is directly connected to the pharmacy and there is no direct route from the chemical plant via the medical plant to the pharmacy then this is odd behaviour. If however there is no direct route from the chemical plant to the pharmacy and it needs an interchange, and there is a direct route from the chemical plant to the medical plant and there is a direct route from the medical plant to the pharmacy then this is expected behaviour. So look at the number of interchanges needed between those routes.

If you have built a direct route from the chemical plant to the medical plant and a direct route from the medical plant to the pharmacy, and only after those two built a direct route from the chemical plant to the pharmacy , then this is the expected behaviour too, but it will be solved as time goes by, because from now on the direct route will be used.

Are you still there?
Thanks,
Yes, the chem factory -> Pharmacy was the first route built - it is direct and still works fine.
The chem factory -> med plant is direct and also works fine, the med plant makes the meds.
The med plant -> pharmacy is direct and works fine, only the trucks don 't transport the meds they transport whetever chemicals they can find hanging around in the yard.
It is not behaving as expected, I am sure I have never had this problem before.
Well, I will keep hold of a save to upload if anyone is interested, meanwhile I will try destroying the network and building it again - that might fix it.
:)

<edit> I should point out that sometimes the meds are transported, but very rarely. The trucks almost always choose to take away the chems <edit>

Silver

make your connections right from the map and the information window of the factory by clicking on it, thus avoid common mistakes connections

verifies that transported factory each, which carries each car, if they are correct, check with a transporting a smaller amount or more amount, the vehicles sometimes have errors