News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Tram ideas

Started by Reddog785, July 27, 2010, 11:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reddog785

I have an idea about light railway platforms and the PPM fleet. PPM trams run on flywheels with are recharged by either third rails at "station stops" or fossil fuel engines.

The Hood

It would be great to include a class 139 as used on the stourbridge branch.  Alas I have no time for the foreseeable future though!

kierongreen

Good idea - they'd be tiny in game!

Reddog785

jamespetts

The PPM should be a train, rather than a tram, shouldn't it, as they use mainline railway rather than a tramway. They should be represented in Simutrans, I would think, as diesel units.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Reddog785

But they run on flywheel and PPM's do have low floor models for us on tramways, visit their website.

jamespetts

Quote from: Reddog785 on August 02, 2010, 08:14:44 PM
But they run on flywheel and PPM's do have low floor models for us on tramways, visit their website.

The flywheel has to be recharged from something! However, I wasn't aware that the Class 139 was but one of a range of different PPMs. Am I right in thinking that it is the only British variant? One might, I suppose, add the low floor version as a tram and the Class 139 as a train.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Reddog785

All PPM trams and railcars are designed and built in Cradley Heath, England. And, like I say, the flywheel is recharged by either a third rail at station stops or onboard fossil fuel engines.

EDIT: They used to do a railbus model that looked like a cross between a bus and a tram.

jamespetts

Interesting! There is evidently scope for various versions of this.

greenling

Very Nice,
it get a grin in my Face. ;D
Those vehicles as modeles in pak128.britain
be geting a colorful and great pakset.

greenling
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!