News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Where is ...

Started by sojo, July 28, 2010, 06:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sojo

Where is the thread "Impressions - Screenshots - pak96.comic for Simutrans" ?
"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

Combuijs

Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

sojo

There is nothing. Only a wrong link.

VS

Isaac moved it somewhere, because there was some bug... the server stopped when someone looked at the thread. It was not the only one, there are maybe 3 of them. Nobody dares look anymore how many exactly :D

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Yes, unfortunately when we moved the forum back to my server, load on the server would creep up and up and eventually the server would become unresponsive.

Investigation showed that there was a thread (I forget which) that was showing up numerous times in apache's statuses of webpages being loaded- basically, something was causing them to hang.

I moved the thread, load went down.

As VS implied/said, this happened with 3-4 threads; after that, it stabilized.

So unfortunately, we had to lose 3-4 random threads. :-(

sojo

Can you say, what is the problem exactly?

I will not do the self and make new problems. ;)

Isaac Eiland-Hall

As far as I can tell, the threads appeared to be random. And since the last one was moved, things have been alright (well, until the recent troubles - but the recent troubles don't appear related to this - I checked for that).

Although I cannot promise anything, I do believe creating a new thread should be okay. I don't think it was the content of the thread, but random bad luck that something got corrupted or otherwise didn't fare well with the server transfer somehow.

IgorEliezer

These topics?

It makes me wonder: all these topics received tons of images that we posted at wild. Probably an attachment or a link is causing troubles to the forum.