News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Re: No transfer at overcrowded stations.

Started by jamespetts, August 05, 2010, 11:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

Quote from: prissi on August 05, 2010, 10:18:15 AMAlso there seems to be memory leak(s), the memory consumption of the routing is increasing and increasing during tests with SE.

Hmm - can you provide more information on this? Over what period of time does the consumption increase? And does it increase constantly, or in jumps at month ends? One would expect it to increase for a while after the start of the game given the caching, but obviously not to increase for ever. How are you able to localise the increase to routing in particular? And are you able to narrow down the memory leak any further than that, to a particular part of routing?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

prissi

LOad "THe world" I sent to your and start it. First memory consumption is greatly reduced (I suppose all passengers are discarded after loading?) and then SE as well as standard increase their memory consumption due to allocation of new passengers. Standard levels of after 130MB or so but SE continues on an on.

jamespetts

Prissi,

thank you for that diagnostic information. I have been rather busy lately, but when I get a chance, I shall have a look into that. What was it that made you think that the memory leak comes from routing rather than something else?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

prissi

SImilar increasing with time when not touching the game at all.

jamespetts

Prissi,

I am trying to load this map in order to attempt to diagnose this issue, but using either the latest nightly of Pak64 or a much older version on my hard drive, it fails to load, complaining that it is missing the "cow farm" object. Is there an addon somewhere that I need to install to make this map work?

Dwachs

there was something like a food-chain addon for pak64. Should be at sourceforge.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

jamespetts

Thank you - that helped me to load it. On testing the latest -devel branch, no memory leak is apparent: the game stabilises at 196mb with the debugger running in MSVC++.