News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

pak96.hh ( half height )

Started by Frank, August 20, 2010, 10:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

The idea is already several years old ( since 2006 ). Take the 64's scale and using 96 tiles. This gives you more room to the environment of the objects.

The Alpha-Demo include non free objects for better feeling.

This set require the Simuttd version. A patch include in pak96.hh SVN.

pak96.hh_alpha-demo.zip ~ 1 MByte
simuttd_0-102-2-2_win_dotnet.zip ~ 700 KByte
testgame_96hh.sve ~ 400 KByte

Copy these files into an existing Simutrans 0.102.2.2 installation.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

paco_m

Is somebody still working on this or interested in the proyect?

Frank

I work at least not in it and will do so in the future no longer

Spartanis

I really really like (and muchly prefer) half heights tiles in Simutrans. Could you explain to me how one could create ground paks to acheive this? (I use blender 3d)

Also.. why does it need simuTTD? and what is it?

prissi

The height is compiled into the simutrans program. You need to set this parameter to 8 (instead of 16) in simconst.h and recompile it. Of course you need a fitting lightmap for this.

Spartanis

Ahhh.... I follow you Prissi. The standard Simutrans Compiled and released sets to normal height. But for any other hieght, its a completely different simutrans program. NOT the pakset.. Thanks for clearing that up :)

Ashley

I have a half-height lightmap knocking around somewhere if you're interested.
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

Spartanis

I would.. if someone compile the latest build of simutrans with simconst.h = 8 :P

To be utterly honest.. HH looks way better.. and practical. The FH looks insane steep slope for a car.. let alone a friggn train to climb up! :P

Ashley

Prissi - how hard do you think it'd be to patch the game such that this parameter was configurable without recompiling? E.g. as a property of the pakset, or simuconf.tab?
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

prissi

It is easy. But I did not test the impakt on display time, since the factor is needed countless times. Also it needs a special pak set lightmap, other bridges etc. Thus this was not pursiuted further.

EDIT: Was nearly not visible during profiling => is incorporated in r4781.

Frank

for running under simutrans 112.3 and higher