News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Looking for some feedback on my train

Started by 80s, September 08, 2010, 01:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

80s

Is there anything that stands as needing altering in this front train I've designed? I have used the template for comic96 so it should be the correct size at least...of course I plan to design a middle and rear carriage as well, but before I get carried away, I'd like to know if there's any glaring mistakes I've made or there's anything to improve :)

It's based loosely off the London Midland train I often see sitting at my local stations (1), (2)

MoTw

Looks good so far :) But a few things to mention: You forgot to paint wheels and I can't tell you if the colour you used for the windows is right, but it looks quite good. I'm not sure but the last image seems (too?) long.
world is like a parachute: it works better when it's open
whenever you feel lost and alone, always remember your calculator is something you can count on
pak96.comic addons

80s

Yes, I thought it looked a bit long too, I might chop it down to size a bit...and add some wheels, ha ha

Here we go, an updated design;

MoTw

world is like a parachute: it works better when it's open
whenever you feel lost and alone, always remember your calculator is something you can count on
pak96.comic addons

80s

Here's the mid coach design:

Also, a question: On both my designs have I got the second image wrong?
Should it be what the coach looks like facing away from the viewer?

gauthier

looks nice, maybe you can use a stronger green so it could be seen well.

80s

One last post before bed. I've corrected the perspective of both carriages in these versions.

I'm currently experimenting with different greens to help it stand out a bit more.

Will work on a rear carriage tomorrow (shouldn't take too long, just reverse the front carriage :P).

Thanks for the comments, keep them coming :)

sojo

Can the pak96.comic-team change some things at your grafics, if we need it? Of course, the copyright is yours!
"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

80s