News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

What the bad trams?

Started by hApo, October 12, 2008, 12:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hApo

I saw some german works, but it isn't finished. Still we can't see 2 tram tracks on one road, still we must build signals on every tile. Why?

DirrrtyDirk

Because these trams are internally not really trams but just repainted trolley-buses. Anyone is free to paint buses/trams like that, and to repaint trolley-bus catenaries into tram track+catenary. It's just that apparently nobody didn't feel like doing it yet (except for the pak128.german project).

Simutrans consists entirely of voluntary work - so if nobody can be found who wants to do a particular piece of work, it simply isn't done.

So if you want trams in that style so badly (at least enough to complain here about them not being there yet) how about you start painting them?

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

hApo

Firtsly, I am very bad painter.
Secondly, I don't want trolleybus-trams, because I want have both systems in the city and I want they can cross themselves. And I want the "german" trams are in normal trams section (if I playing Simutrans).

DirrrtyDirk

Quote from: hApo on October 12, 2008, 02:04:36 PM
Secondly, I don't want trolleybus-trams, because I want have both systems in the city and I want they can cross themselves. And I want the "german" trams are in normal trams section (if I playing Simutrans).
Well that's simply not possible. And according to prissi (chief developer) not going to happen anytime soon - if ever.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

jbode

Quote from: hApo on October 14, 2008, 02:59:28 PM
Why?

Yes - take a second - and then:

- someone has to do it ...
- it might interfere with other game components ...
- all work is done voluntary ...

;)

Jörg

VS

Ono je to vlastně strašně jednoduché. Ubrousku, prostři se! Hurá! Kdeže. Tramvaje vznikly tak, že se jeden člověk rozhodl, že udělá tramvaje, nechal na tom několik měsíců práce a na konci máme vlastně vlaky - akorát že se dají postavit koleje i na silnici. Netuším jak dlouho by trvalo udělat opravdové tramvaje z nuly až k použitelnosti. Ale vím jedno - nikdo, komu by se do toho chtělo, tady teď není. Bohužel, je to buď hloupé tramvaje nebo nic.

English: all that jazz we know by heart ;D

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!