News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Please review scenario creation presentation

Started by sanna, September 14, 2010, 03:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanna

I translated the German page about creating scenarios on the tikiwiki into http://simutrans-germany.com/wiki/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=en_CreatingScenarios and then I added the scenario configuration files from pak/scenario as examples (I hope that is ok with you prissi?). However, I am uncertain if there has been any development on the scenario front since the German page was written (it claims to be based on 0.100.0).

I have been searching the forum, and found a very interesting discussion initiated by Dwachs about moving to xml and extending the scenario schema, but that seems to have been laid aside (I presume too much other more important things to do...).

So if anyone that is more familiar with the existing system for creating scenarios would like to review and expand the page I mentioned above, I would be most grateful.... :)

Dwachs

Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

vilvoh

One small detail related with presentation. For me, it's hard to read the tab file content with the current layout. If you place the four text areas in a row, you have to scroll up/down and left/right to see the content of each one. If possible, wouldn't be better to put each one in a single row, and use a code tag instead of a text area? otherwise, it's fine.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

VS

The author had a HD screen...? ;) If these parts could be made to rearrange as needed it would be nice.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Combuijs

I use 1152x864 (which is certainly not HD) and the page is (including the 4 tabs) perfect. I use Firefox, maybe that's the difference?
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

Zeno

Using chrome and 1440x900 looks nice, although there might be many people that can't reach that resolution and then scrollbars will appear almost everywhere :(

Those text boxes could be distributed in a different way (as an example, could be the boxes at left hand side, followed by the matching explanation just at its right) which allow lower resolutions to display it correctly. Probably 1024x768 or 1280x1024 would be good resolutions to test it :)

An_dz

I had no problems viewing the pages.
I've tested the page in different resolutions too see if there's any problematic resolution.
On a 4:3 screen:
1280x1024, 1280x960, 1280x800, 1280x768, 1280x720 and 1152x864(My actual resolution) and all of them looks perfect.

On 1024x768 a little part of the last tab and the texts can't be seen.
960x600 half of the tab can' be seen.
800x600 you can't see the last tab at all

On a 11:6 widescreen:
1366x768, 1360x768, 1280x768, 1280x720 No problems
1024x768 same as above
800x600 worse than above, the third tab is also half cut.

Tested with Internet Explorer 8 and Opera 10.62

sanna

Well, I divided the examples up into two rows, and I hope that will satisfy most of you *smile*