News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Spanish locomotives

Started by Zeno, September 06, 2010, 08:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeno

I've decided to paint some more spanish trains (I already made some of them) for pak128. I've started with a diesel medium powered locomotive, called Renfe Class 314. Available from 1963, it gives a power of 824 kW, for small/medium sized freight services.

There's an article at my blog that you can read here.
The addon can be downloaded at my addons central. Hope you like it :)

Václav

It looks like Czech locomotive of class 742 (and its sisters - including ones for RZD ).

:)
Welcome to family...

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Zeno

Wow... they must be at least cousins! ;)

Zeno

Here's another one: a low power diesel locomotive, called Renfe Class 301. They were built between 1960 and 1963 and give a power of 119 kW, for small and light passenger o freight services.

As before, there's an article at my blog that you can read here.
The addon can be downloaded at my addons central.

Václav

Wow... they must be at least cousins! Wink

... ha ha ...
they are cousins like (for example) Concorde and Tupolev 144. I think that face similarity is based on rule of purpose similarity - if you will have two ones of the same (or similar) purpose, than their face will be similar.

When two people do the same, result will not be the same.

Small example from world of trains - multiple-purpose locomotive for more than one electricity system - and for speed 160 km/h...
Czech locomotive Class 380
Austrian locomotive Class 1016

Zeno

Added some more locomotives to this set. Here's the list:

I've moved all my addons into a new addon central to make it easy to download and mantain the links to my addons.

Václav

311: it can be only optical illusion but it seems like if drivers cabine on your version is a bit longer than on original machine. And by the way, I found some czech ones with similar shape (again).

Zeno

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on November 07, 2010, 07:02:42 PM
311: it can be only optical illusion but it seems like if drivers cabine on your version is a bit longer than on original machine. And by the way, I found some czech ones with similar shape (again).
It's possible. Remember I don't paint replicas, but an approach to the real thing. I usually change some dimensions in order to make some representative features more visible, for instance.

Btw, I added two locomotives to the set:

Refer to the blog for pictures and additional information, and to the addons central to download the pak files.
I hope you like these :)

waerth

Great I downloaded and thrown them in the mix at my "monstergame"

500 villages
2000+ x1000+ mapsize
starting 1922
I've thrown in every 128 addon I could find, Japanese, Hong Kong, Czech, Zeno's etc. Thrown in 128 nightly for good measure and 128 britain

It is totally unbalanced pricewise, but I love the extra options.

Why is no one designing station buildings etc btw? I love the extra choice I get with the 128 britain buildings and japanese and hong kong buildings.

W

greenling

Zeno
I have be downloading your new modell and i have the modell be Parking in My openpak128/pak128
set.

greenling
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

ostlandr

Wow!  Awesome work!

The RENFE Class 318 Class 314  :-[ and the RZD look a lot like a US GP7/GP9 locomotive:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GP7  

So much so, in fact, that I would like to eventually "borrow" the graphic for a US set.

And am I glad I actually looked at the "Spanish" locomotives!   :o  The Class 316/318 are ALCOs, the "International" DL500 version of the FA2 and FPA4, respectively.  Want!!!!    ;D  Again, I would be honored to "borrow" those for a US set.

Václav

Ostlandr: I took a look on locomotives you called and ... please don't be angry with me for following words:

Take a better look on locomotives you write about before writing about them. Because RENFE class 318 is too much different from US GP7. US GP7 is slightly (but very distant) similar to RENFE class 314 or ČD (České dráhy - Czech railways) class 742 - but not to RENFE class 318.

ostlandr

No offense taken.  I sincerely apologize.  I posted in error- I was referring to the Class 314 with the same general layout, the high "short hood" etc.  Now that I look again, it has 3-axle trucks which make it more like the SD7. 

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on December 25, 2010, 08:45:17 PM
Ostlandr: I took a look on locomotives you called and ... please don't be angry with me for following words:

Take a better look on locomotives you write about before writing about them. Because RENFE class 318 is too much different from US GP7. US GP7 is slightly (but very distant) similar to RENFE class 314 or ČD (České dráhy - Czech railways) class 742 - but not to RENFE class 318.

Václav

Of course ... I was ready to be not so hostile ... but it was not looking like only typo-failure. I am sorry.