News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

More Menu Skins

Started by vilvoh, October 12, 2010, 06:43:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vilvoh

I would like to continue creating new menu skins, as we did at the old forum therefore here it is a new one called Murrine.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

DirrrtyDirk

Nice. Especially the little left-right arrows for the values in the new world dialog are great. May I use them for a different skin in the future - if I ever get to make it?

Just one small "problem": in bigger windows, like in depots for example, it looks a little... empty with such a simple one-color-only background.

Oh and you should also include a button graphic for the sticky-feature for the windows.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

vilvoh

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on October 12, 2010, 07:36:22 PM
Just one small "problem": in bigger windows, like in depots for example, it looks a little... empty with such a simple one-color-only background.

Well, background design it's quite delicated as it may turn the text into unreadable. That's why I usually use plain colors or transparency.

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on October 12, 2010, 07:36:22 PM
Oh and you should also include a button graphic for the sticky-feature for the windows.

It was made before the sticky feature was available but I take note.. ;)

PS: the sources of all skins are available at graphics.simutrans.com >> users >> vilvoh >> skins

DirrrtyDirk

Quote from: vilvoh on October 12, 2010, 08:53:27 PM
Well, background design it's quite delicated as it may turn the text into unreadable. That's why I usually use plain colors or transparency.
True. If there is any type of graphic for the background, it needs to be with very little contrast, but IMO it makes bigger areas of background a little nicer to behold. Almost anything can be better than just a monotonous area of one color to have in front of one's eyes. ;) But, hey different people, different preferences, no problem.  :)

It was made before the sticky feature was available but I take note.. ;)
Ah ok, I thought it was new, sorry. Anyway, now since there is a sticky feature in the game (at least in the nightlies - before anybody asks), not having a button for it leaves an ugly gap. Oh and BTW scrollbars are now better customizable, too.

PS: the sources of all skins are available at graphics.simutrans.com >> users >> vilvoh >> skins
Ok, thanks, will have a look there.

vilvoh

Quote from: DirrrtyDirk on October 12, 2010, 09:42:59 PM
Ah ok, I thought it was new, sorry. Anyway, now since there is a sticky feature in the game (at least in the nightlies - before anybody asks), not having a button for it leaves an ugly gap. Oh and BTW scrollbars are now better customizable, too.

I'm going to check the svn to get the new skin png source and update all skins.

DirrrtyDirk

But be careful: the version in svn uses the same graphics for horizontal scroll bars and for not-activated buttons. But one can (of course) and should use different graphics for both.

vilvoh

Two new skins, part of a blackbox based set, with nightly support: Anathema and Citric.

EDIT: added another dark one called collusion.

PS: I've uploaded the advanced skin template to graphics.simutrans.com. Go to Templates >> Other

vilvoh

Another two: droog and the blues.

IgorEliezer

A preview of each skin would be useful. ;)

vilvoh

Ops!! you're right. Here they are...

Anathema, Citric & Collusion

The blues & Droog

PS: There're some weird lines on the menu windows, but that's because the screenshots are from a nightly.

vilvoh

A couple more... Hacker2 and Nexus

greenling

vilvoh
it´s enabel to make a skin for simutrans they are be good readable it?
I hate be look on the photos from the skin.
Hacker2,Nexus,Collusion,The blues,Droog
with the dark color are bad too to read.
by Anathema,Citric ist the reading from the text ok.

greenling
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

vilvoh

Well, the main obstacle about the readability issue is that you can't choose the font color, thus dark skins are often difficult to adapt. Anyway, there're lots of skins, just choose the ones you like more... :)