News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

New World Dialog rearrange

Started by An_dz, October 10, 2010, 11:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An_dz

Bothering again :D

On Portuguese Sub-forum we started to talk about a translation in New world dialog and I think that new world dialog should be rearranged.

The only problem is about the timeline/year. There's an option button called Use timeline year, that when checked it uses the timeline to start producing vehicles, roads, etc. And just after it, there's an area where you choose the starting year for the game. And the choose on this area do not depend if Use timeline year is checked or not.

But in the context it appears on new world dialog it looks like you obligatory need to check that option to start the game in the determined year. So I think that it needs to be added a new line to change it. Look my idea:
Original on left, My idea on right

Combuijs

Makes sense!

The only objection would be that the dialog is getting too big then (for phonelike machines), but I don't think that's the case.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

An_dz

Well, it's just an idea, but we can think something better. Maybe use that free space above Size (X MB):.

And about phones, the big problem is that only touchscreen phones can be used to Simutrans. Making we rethink all the dialogs. The buttons needs to be bigger. I would like to try this things, but I don't have time for it right now. Maybe next year.

prissi

THe allow player change is obsolete, since now player can protect indidividually using passwords ... THis can go.

An_dz

??? What?

Sorry prissi, but what you tried to say, I can't understand. It don't even look related to the post.

prissi

There is a string "allow player change" or so, which setting is obsolete. This setting can go, making way for other stuff.