News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Nightly build site discussion

Started by Colin, September 27, 2008, 05:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin

Hi Werner, Just a note. Your new server for downloads (The German one) has a problem it's linking the sdl version of r2036 to the PAK128.150 download.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

Frank

@Colin

What exactly is a problem?

Downloads work by me. (IE 7, FF 3 and Opera 9.50 )

Colin

Quote from: Frank on September 27, 2008, 10:10:59 AM
@Colin

What exactly is a problem?

Downloads work by me. (IE 7, FF 3 and Opera 9.50 )

The problem is exactly what I wrote. On Werners de page when you click on the SDL r2036, instead of downloading r2036 it downloads PAK128.150. It doesn't happen on his current site, only the new one.

If you think I'm wrong, perhaps you could explain why I've now got a 19mb PAK128 zip file sitting on my computer.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

whoami

The files on the new server are identified by numbers that are handed over to a PHP script, so if that (generated) number is wrong, you get the wrong file.

Colin

Quote from: whoami on September 28, 2008, 06:16:38 PM
The files on the new server are identified by numbers that are handed over to a PHP script, so if that (generated) number is wrong, you get the wrong file.

Well that's quite brilliant isn't it? I hope Werner corrects this problem before he changes over completely.

Thought for the day

Frank

Quote from: Colin on September 28, 2008, 08:08:10 PM
Well that's quite brilliant isn't it? I hope Werner corrects this problem before he changes over completely.

the new server work correct

I tested the links and download the correct file, not changed download script file

the name of file show in file download dialog

VS

Hm, is that done with redirects or readfile() + header "Content-Disposition"?

(btw Opera has some problems with redirects at least when they are images. But it isn't really a problem here I guess.)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Frank

the script create a new site

echo "<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC \"-\/W3C\/DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional\/EN\">";
echo "<HTML><HEAD>";
echo "<META http-equiv=Content-Type content=\"text/html; charset=windows-1252\">";
echo "<meta http-equiv=\"refresh\" content=\"0;URL=$link\" />";
echo "</HEAD>";   
echo '<BODY onBlur="javascript:close();"></BODY></HTML>';

test by opera 9.50 and FF 3

VS

That's wicked clever :) You do this for living?

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Colin

@ Frank

Yes, well it does today, but it didn't the other day, so the problem has been fixed.

Bear in mind that just because it worked when you tried it, doesn't necessarily mean it worked when I did.

I still have a 19MB PAK128 zip file which downloaded from sim_winsdl 2008-09-28 v100.1 r2036. Which I note you haven't tried to explain.

Thought for the day

Frank

Quote from: Colin on September 28, 2008, 09:05:03 PM
@ Frank
I still have a 19MB PAK128 zip file which downloaded from sim_winsdl 2008-09-28 v100.1 r2036. Which I note you haven't tried to explain.

I can not explain what I myself do not understand.

I also tested on the day in question, and it has worked for me.

To the relevant files has not since changed, which affects the download.

files and dates

func.php 25-09-2008
Download.php 14-09-2008

counter_Dateien.php - list the downlod files
This file will be updated when new files are uploaded. The new files are added. There are no entries changed.

this applies to nightly.simutrans-germany.com

I mistakes and problems very seriously. To eliminate this, I must understand what I said in this case can not.

sorry for bad english

Colin

I tried this one today,  sim_winsdl 2008-09-28 v100.1 r2038. it also worked fine. The problem needed to be resolved before the complete change over and it appears that it has.

Thought for the day

whoami

Apart from a bug, an outdated (cached) copy of the download page could lead to this problem, unless the file IDs are always the same.
The nightlies are built when it's night in Germany, but in Australia, you might have downloaded files exactly when they are being re-built.

Colin

Quote from: whoami on September 28, 2008, 10:17:37 PM
The nightlies are built when it's night in Germany, but in Australia, you might have downloaded files exactly when they are being re-built.

This could be true. It would have been approximately 4am in Germany when I downloaded that file. I would have thought however, that there would have been an error message rather than a transfer to a different file. But hey! I don't know how these tings work. ;D

Thought for the day

Frank

Quote from: whoami on September 28, 2008, 10:17:37 PM
..., unless the file IDs are always the same.

is the file name differently, it is also the id differently

8 files always have the same id
( sim-winsdl.zip, sim-winsdl.7z, sim-wingdi.zip, sim-wingdi.7z, sim-gcc3.zip, sim-gcc3.7z, sim-gcc4.zip, sim-gcc4.7z )

http://simutrans-germany.com/~nightly/simutrans/stats.php

wernieman

The Build-Server need some time to  get the SVN-Trunks, the Translations, to compile and to upload the Files to the Webserver.

After every Step (Compiling Gcc3, Gcc4, WIN-SDL, WIN-GDI, PAK64, PAK128) the new results were uploaded.

This is the Reason, that the Server need over 1,5h to generate. He beginn at 3.00 CET (or CEST) and end c.a. 4:30.

I Testet the Server with FF, Opera and Konquerer on Linux and it work for me ....

Edit:
I make a Change:
The Server upload the file AFTER he generate all files
I hope you understand my English

wernieman

The new nightly-Build-Webside is definitly online!
http://nightly.simutrans-germany.com

It will be wonderfull, when you check your links ....

the "old one" will go offline .....

Thanks to everybody who help!

And a spezial thanks to Frank for PHP, help and the server!

whoami

Quote from: wernieman on October 14, 2008, 03:53:07 PM
the "old one" will go offline .....
What about all the links pointing there - will there be a DNS alias and/or HTTP redirect to keep them working?

wernieman

There will be an Webside with the Info of the new Server...

wernieman

Can somebody change the link on the first post?

The nightlys are at now http://nightly.simutrans-germany.com

Ore unstig this Thread an make a new one ;o)

IgorEliezer

Quote from: wernieman on October 16, 2008, 09:52:21 PM
Can somebody change the link on the first post?

This somebody is me... ::)

Okay, link updated.

Thanks. :)

robofish

good job *thumbsUp*
the background colors don't just structure the page nicely, they also create a kind of fresh look :D

Frank

for translating the nightly page text

see http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=857.msg7578#msg7578

vilvoh

Thanks Frank, Spanish translation is on the way...  ;D

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

vilvoh

Done....I've added this line at Thanks section:
QuoteGracias a Vilvoh por ayudarme con la traducción al español<br

translation
Quotethanks to vilvoh for helping me with spanish translation

I hope you don't mind.... :)

BTW, instead of Thanks , I would use Acknowledgements.

Frank

Thanks vilvoh

added

sorry, links.en.txt is no longer necessary

IgorEliezer

I saw that there's no ES flag in Nightly Build site.

Then...  ::)

wernieman

Where I have the other flags (English and German) is a Spain Flag too .... so I use this.

vilvoh

wernieman

Thanks ... but at the Moment we have enough place for "big Flags".

The Flags I use are (c) free, but I set a Link to the Creator (see the Copyright-Sektion of the page)
http://simutrans-germany.com/~nightly/simutrans/index.php?lang=en#_Copyright

Francisco

Hi, I think it's done..........

Portuguese Translation of Nightly Build download page

Any error or problem return it to me that I'll happilly fix :D
And Igor (or anyone), if you think I can improve something, tell me ;)

IgorEliezer

A Portuguese flag...

(I'm sorry Brazilians. I'm Brazilian too, but I have to recognize that Portuguese language came from Portugal)

wernieman

Hey, we use the english-flag for english  ... not the american or australian-flag ;o)

And the german for: switzerland, austria and .. germany ;o)

So there schould not be the problem to use the portugal-flag for the portuguese language

VS

There are more countries with the same language, but they are represented by flags...