News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

New Industry Suggestion

Started by railfan727, November 25, 2010, 11:40:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabio

Václav

This mini-discussion about indutries and climates reminds me that forest plantation would deserve also version with deciduous (leafy) trees.

Then original version (with conifere trees) would be in only some climates (as it should be - and as it was before my remark) and version with deciduous trees would be in other climates.

It seemed to me thant expanding of climates queue for forest plantation is easier than making another factory at that time, mostly if that forest plantation was very young.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

ӔO

I have taken a look at various paksets, this thread and various wiki pages and I have come up with this diagram.

It is incomplete, but it was refined...
and all I can say, is that it ends up very complex.

caution: 1mb .png file
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

greenling

AEO
I find some new ideas in your photo.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

sdog

for modern or near future industry chains a Terra Preta chain could be good.

Farms produce organic waste, so do organic waste dumps in cities, together with wood chips from tree plantations they are transported to pyrolytic reactors, where bio coal is gained.
The bio coal can be transported to local block combined heat and power units (those also accept wood chips) and more importantly to a Terra Preta producer (requiring organic waste and coal). The terra preta is then sent to farms*, gardeners* and builder shops.

the chains could start from 2010 or 2020 onward.

*here one would cause a circular dependency, in the recent state of simutrans. it could be very interesting to have some products work like pax, mail or power in industries, increasing the production but being not a requirement.