News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Colorful tankers

Started by Zeno, November 28, 2010, 11:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeno

I've created some coloured versions for the existing tankers in pak128. I've released them in a small set which includes several versions of the four most modern tankers (CeSa, VTG covered, Esso XL and Cepsa types).

Here you can see a preview, and can be downloaded at my addons site.
I hope you like them :)

Qayyum

Woah, these tankers ... they look awesome.

Although I won't be using it unless it has a pink tanker in the set.
ALLMYCONTENTISPUBLICDOMAINBUTNOEXPLOITATION

Simutrans - the open source Transport Tycoon Deluxe clone.

Zeno

Quote from: Qayyum on November 28, 2010, 12:28:14 PM
Although I won't be using it unless it has a pink tanker in the set.
Uh? ;D

An_dz

The pink tanker is the best. :D
You used blender for it right?

IgorEliezer

Zeno, this is a tad off-topic:

You need to post an message on your old site announcing the new site.

Spike

I like these designs quite a lot, too :)

Zeno

Quote from: IgorEliezer on November 28, 2010, 11:33:22 PM
You need to post an message on your old site announcing the new site.
Sure, I should have written that... thanks for the reminder! ;)

Quote from: Hajo on November 29, 2010, 09:24:36 AM
I like these designs quite a lot, too :)
I'm happy you like them! They were included in the nightly OpenPak128 some weeks ago, but I thought some colors would like to the people... and already having the models from the previous versions, it wasn't a lot of work.

Quote from: An_dz on November 28, 2010, 10:38:38 PM
You used blender for it right?
Right!! :D

railfan727

How about some US prototypes?  GATX, UTLX, and a host of others.  Most US tank cars are black, but blue and white are also common, and gray and even green ones can be seen occasionally.  The color scheme normally indicates the type of commodity being carried.  White cars are normally used for acids (sometimes these have a red band around the middle), while blue ones are typically for chemicals which are toxic by inhalation (esp. ethylene oxide).  Chlorine is typically carried in dark gray tank cars (usually with a black band).  And black is used for everything else, from liquid asphalt to corn syrup.

And we need more US prototype freight cars as well, especially covered hoppers... 2-bays (ACF 2970 cubic foot) for cement, 3-bays (P-S 4750, ACF 4650, or Trinity 5161) for grain, and 4-bays (ACF 5800 cf with pneumatic outlets and round roof hatches) for plastics.  And, if we want to get fancy, even some GATX Airslides or Trinity Power-Flo pressurized cars to haul flour from the grain mill to the bakery.

An_dz

If US tankers are made, maybe pak128.USA may want to use it.

Zeno, can you tell me how I can take a perfect screenshot with blender to use it in Simutrans?
Also some tips on how to get it done with pak128.

railfan727

Wow... I didn't know there was a pak128.USA!  How long has it been in development and when will it be released?

Zeno

I may take a look for the cement, grain and other tankers. The pak already has enough oil tankers, so I don't consider painting any more of them. Thank you for your references, guys.

Quote from: railfan727 on December 01, 2010, 09:48:46 PM
Wow... I didn't know there was a pak128.USA!  How long has it been in development and when will it be released?
Pak128.USA thread: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=4473.0

Quote from: An_dz on December 01, 2010, 05:53:54 PM
Zeno, can you tell me how I can take a perfect screenshot with blender to use it in Simutrans?
Also some tips on how to get it done with pak128.
What do you want to know? General blender tips? Light and camera positions? I can share my .blend template if that helps.

An_dz

I just want light and camera position. I saw some buildings are still left todo in openpak128, maybe I can try to help when I have time. If you have any pak comic style it can be useful too. And also what I need to do after set light and camera.