News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Minor UI suggestion

Started by jamespetts, December 03, 2010, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

The new quick start dialogue at the beginning of the game is excellent: much more user friendly than the original UI, especially with the new "Join game" option for the increasingly popular online mode.

Might I suggest, however, that the "Join game" option also be added to the "Options" menu that can be accessed by pressing the diskette button at the top right on most standard toolbars? Players might want to join an online game other than when the game first starts. I know that the "n" key can be used, but a GUI button is more user friendly for most players.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

prissi

It is on my to do list, but I got distracted by online games ...

Frank

you can define a button in toolbar

network versions from pak.german and pakHAJO included this

Dwachs

I think the text of this button should be changed to something like 'Network game' or 'Multiplayer'.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

jamespetts

Might I suggest "Play online"? The word "network" is potentially unclear, as people might confuse it either with a transport network in the game, or a local network rather than the internet.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

vilvoh

Maybe multiplayer would be another good option...

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

An_dz

Multiplayer is just play with someone. You can multiplayer with Simutrans only by adding a new human player.

vilvoh

But not in the same pc, so multiplayer in this context is always online..

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

prissi

Currently, the string is "Play online" is probably the most fitting term for me; especially since the button to connect has also this name now.