News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Warehouses

Started by Zeno, December 04, 2010, 05:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeno

(Split from Transitioning open pak128 to normal use)

Does this look like a modern warehouse? Fist try... any suggestions? :P

VS

Less clean, more dirt?

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Zeno

Ok, dirty. You meant this, didn't you?

Edit: Mmmm... what about adding player colors? :P

VS

Yes, that's better :) It's not metal, is it? The original version captures the "wavy metal + rust" perfectly...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Zeno

No, not any metal. Just concrete and paint. Actually it's very difficult for me to simulate metal textures... I tried many times with different luck, but never got to a fully satisfactory one :(

Anyway, I thought of a "big" version in 2x2. What do you think about (preview)?

VS

Good idea...

Maybe this should be a new thread?

Zeno

VS

Zeno

Should it be 4 views or only 1?

Got it in the svn (temp folder). I finally captured four views, despite only the south view is used by the dat. Feel free to modify the dat and/or png to use one, two or all of its views; anyway I would keep all views, even we're only using one at the moment.

waerth

Great someone making some station expansion buildings :)

Václav

Splendid... New warehouses are in need. And they look very well.

Or I only have to one small (stupid) question: To what way of transport will they be tied? Or will they appear in general group of other buildings together with for example high wire transformator?

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Zeno

Yes Vaclav, all the warehouses can be found in the general toolbar.

Edit: 2x2 version preview... like?

VS

I'm not so sure about the text & arrows. Otherwise it's what it should be...

I feel like I'm increasing my post-count uselessly.

Zeno

Quote from: VS on December 05, 2010, 06:52:11 PM
I'm not so sure about the text & arrows.
I didn't know what to put there... windows and doors are already everywhere, ya know... :S
Any better ideas anybody???

Václav

2*2 looks much better, of course. Only I think that arrow by text office should be shifted to the top a little. And it needs narrow stripe by base (land) - similar as is by roof and between both texts. Else it is right.

Fabio

Very nice!
I would ask you to try 4 rotations, as IMO this should be standard for every new building added to the pakset...
Both 1*1 and 2*2 are great, they should have different levels in game (2*2 could have something as high as 16!).

gauthier

just amazing :)
but only one problem : in Simutrans the light comes from South, so a part of your warehouse isn't well shadowed.

... or maybe I'm wrong ?

Zeno

Quote from: gauthier on December 06, 2010, 05:13:19 PM
just amazing :)
but only one problem : in Simutrans the light comes from South, so a part of your warehouse isn't well shadowed.

... or maybe I'm wrong ?
As long as there is no ground, the building emmits no shadow over it. If you didn't mean that, you are probably wrong, as long as blender is usually reliable casting shadows ;)

Oh, sorry! Now I see what you mean... the shadows are ok (all same direction), but that's not the south primary rotation... as you noticed the sun comes from SW in this case. Don't care about that as it was just a preview; I already took the proper views to build the pak.

gauthier

QuoteOh, sorry! Now I see what you mean... the shadows are ok (all same direction), but that's not the south primary rotation... as you noticed the sun comes from SW in this case. Don't care about that as it was just a preview; I already took the proper views to build the pak.
oh okay, so no problem :)

VS

Here's a base that might be put under the warehouse (and eventually more buildings). Please take a look - is it good enough?

Attachment contains both playable pak and full source.

sdog

Quote from: Zeno on December 05, 2010, 07:06:46 PM
I didn't know what to put there [where the arrows are]... windows and doors are already everywhere, ya know... :S
Any better ideas anybody???

Grafiti!
theyre quite prominent at all warehouses in the vicinity of railways, in most countries i've been.

Václav

Quote from: sdog on December 13, 2010, 08:43:36 PM
Grafiti!
theyre quite prominent at all warehouses in the vicinity of railways, in most countries i've been.
I cannot know where you have ever been - it means I don't expect you have been also to the Czech republic. So small comment to warehouses - and where warehouses have not been still clean or painted by grafiti, then they have been abandoned and ruined - of course, not all of them but much of them.

Zeno

Quote from: VS on December 13, 2010, 08:23:35 PM
Please take a look - is it good enough?
Looks very good. I'll make some tests with it and let all of you know.

greenling

The warehouses be looks good out!
Cam the warehouses in the openpak128 ?

greenling
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

VS

The small one is included (since yesterday).

Václav

Today I found that big warehouse (2*2) needs minor correction of dat file - because there is probably written icon = ... instead icon => ... - and so icon changes its size on zooming.

Please, correct it.

DirrrtyDirk

Just wanted to correct it but found out it was already done.  ;)

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Václav

Yes, yes ... I was done 7 hours ago. See svn. So now we can be looking for seeing next version available.