News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Problems creating a fast track

Started by VictorKoehler, December 05, 2010, 08:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VictorKoehler

Hello, as we have seen, I'm creating add-ons, as you can see this link, now I'm trying to create a fast track for my train. the problem is that I did not think
examples of DAT to track and searched on the wiki in some languages and only found examples of streets! I took data
based on the streets, but is not complete.

Look like it was my DAT:
Obj=way
waytype=track
system_type=0
Name=Forwshared
cost=0001
maintenance=1000
topspeed=1000
max_weight=40
intro_year = 1968
intro_month = 4
cursor=forwshared.5.0
Image[-]=forwshared.5.1
Image[N]=forwshared.2.3
Image[S]=forwshared.2.1
Image[E]=forwshared.2.0
Image[W]=forwshared.2.2
Image[NS]=forwshared.5.3
Image[EW]=forwshared.5.2
Image[NSE]=forwshared.3.3
Image[NSW]=forwshared.3.1
Image[NEW]=forwshared.3.0
Image[SEW]=forwshared.3.2
Image[NSEW]=forwshared.5.0
Image[SW]=forwshared.1.0
Image[NE]=forwshared.1.1
Image[SE]=forwshared.1.2
Image[NW]=forwshared.1.3
ImageUp[3]=forwshared.4.0
ImageUp[6]=forwshared.4.1
ImageUp[9]=forwshared.4.2
ImageUp[12]=forwshared.4.3

And I took this trail on the Internet (All credits go to the creator of the rail @ graphics.simutrans.com)

I do not know what the problem is! HELP ME!

mod note: please, there's no need to translate the post to three languages as this part of the forum is mainly for english speakers. The rest of users may translate your comments from english to their native languages.
~vilvoh

Download of the PAK64.Brasil b3ta here

VictorKoehler

:-X ok, ok, My strategy was to draw the attention of
users of other languages, and try better luck with
answers to my problem. 8)

:idea: But that's okay, next time I put in english. ;)

Sorry for my mistakes in English, I am Brazilian and I use the Google translator to translate BR. :-[

Download of the PAK64.Brasil b3ta here

rfg123

You need to specify a menu icon, otherwise it will never appear in game.. Add it to the image then use this line to enter coordinates:

icon=> forwshared.0.0

Václav

Winter version of old version of slow speed tracks (it means from 65 to 160 km/h).
For this reason icons were not created.

I attached to this post dat file of one track where this picture you chose was used. Download it and use as you need. I am sorry for using Czech language for comments. So you will have to use any translator to read it in your language.

You need create menu icon and build cursor.

Creation of build cursor will be very easy. All you need is rewriting coords in line beginning with cursor with new numbers. For example TratZimniPrazce.5.1 instead current Trat65.6.0. But you would better to extract any part of track, minimize it on half size and paste it somewhere else - on background of the same colour and the same size - it means 128*128 pixels.

Creation of menu icon will be a little more difficult. You need any graphical editor and also picture (I think that it is also present on graphics.simutrans.com) with base of menu icon. Then extract one tile of size 128*128 pixels from picture with base of menu icons and after do extraction of part of track you want to use on menu icon. After it extracted part of track paste on menu icon. That would be all. To finish creation of menu icon rewrite coords in line beginning with new coords - and of course, you may need to change also filename (without *.ext of *.png).

And, don't be angry with me, I would like to know what pushes yourself to use this very bad track. I, of course, let you to use it. If I had wanted to nobody use it I would not have placed it there. I only stare that somebody wants to use it.

PS: Victor Koehler, I hope you will understand my English too.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní