News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Schools

Started by Reddog785, December 11, 2010, 03:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reddog785

I am surprised no-one has made a school for pak128.Britain. Education is compulsory here! Anyway most of the gaphics for the pak are made in Blender, which I suck at using, and it looks hard to paint a pak128.Britain graphic due to the high detail needed.

jamespetts

I think that somebody did make a school at one point, although I'm not sure whether it was ever finished.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Reddog785

Quote from: jamespetts on December 11, 2010, 03:57:36 PM
I think that somebody did make a school at one point, although I'm not sure whether it was ever finished.

Do you have a link to the thread?

jamespetts

I can't remember it now: I'd have to search for it.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

rsdworker

i believe this one http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=4454.msg45563#msg45563
which but unsure of status i believe jamespetts may been put that model in in one of packs

jamespetts

The school is not in Pak128.Britain-Ex yet, as the image is not ready: it needs to be processed with tilecutter before it is used. The same applies to the stone church. If anyone cares to put them through Tilecutter (the complexities of which have so far eluded me), I'd be most grateful, and I could easily do the rest.

Lord Vetinari

The stone church is done (there's the download link in the last post in that topc), I use it in my games. I thought that it wasn't in the pak because it was ment ment to be an addon.

jamespetts

Quote from: Lord Vetinari on December 12, 2010, 09:07:21 AM
The stone church is done (there's the download link in the last post in that topc), I use it in my games. I thought that it wasn't in the pak because it was ment ment to be an addon.

Do you mean this post? I had downloaded that, but the .png file was incorrect, as it had not been put through Tilecutter. There was a .pak file, but I need the sources to be able to integrate it into the pakset.

Reddog785

Quote from: rsdworker on December 12, 2010, 12:04:42 AM
i believe this one http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=4454.msg45563#msg45563
which but unsure of status i believe jamespetts may been put that model in in one of packs

Very nice but rare around here (London). Maybe I'll look into graphics drawing and attempt a smaller school?

jamespetts

Quote from: Reddog785 on December 12, 2010, 12:57:39 PM
Very nice but rare around here (London). Maybe I'll look into graphics drawing and attempt a smaller school?

That would be good indeed! If you manage to work out Tilecutter, if you could have a go at cutting the existing school and church graphics, even better!

Reddog785

rsdworker

Quote from: Reddog785 on December 14, 2010, 04:46:21 PM
Tilecutter?
a program for simutrans objects which james referring about

Reddog785

Please, tell me more.

rsdworker

Graphical tool that helps in making (mainly) building objects to be used in Simutrans
link: http://hd.simutrans.com/tools/?4ce34d579cf97c9cd75879d955eeea32

Reddog785

Of course I won't immediately dive into making a school with my lack of experience, can I modify the Ford Transit into a minibus?

The Hood

You can do whatever you want :) - or is that a request for a blend file?

About the school, I was waiting for a snow version before including it in the pak - but development seems to have gone quiet.  Re-reading the thread, maybe Archon was waiting for snow sidewalk graphics, which I still haven't done (the joys of a never ending to-do list!)

Reddog785

I am asking if I can modify the Ford Transit (1980's one)

The Hood

All pak128.Britain stuff is open source - you can modify it as long as you give credits when you redistribute.

jamespetts

Was he possibly asking for the .blend file?

Archon

So... I got blender almost workking way I want and here are the results.

I won't even try tilecutter (well I tried but it didnt work).

The Hood

Fantastic - I'll try and cut it and add it to the pak, but no promises - time is short!

Edit: Here it is in game - now having seen it it is clearly on a different scale than the other buildings around - the windows and floor heights are too large.  Is there any chance you could make these smaller?

Archon

well, My first 2x2 building and scale was probably mostly quessed.

New version with about 15% less height. Doesn't old schools have little taller rooms than residential buildings?

The Hood

Better, but difficult to say without seeing in game.  You right about taller floors, but in your original they are also taller than even industrial buildings which definitely looks out of place.

Archon

Got that **** tilecutter workking!! it was just too picky on on wxgtk version.

Hopefully I will finish this one tomorrow.

jamespetts

That looks excellent! Any tips for a Tilecutter newbie?

Archon

thanks.

I dont really know much about tilecutter. python 2.6 and python-wxgtk2.8 are atleast required.

edit: And here it is: http://www.saunalahti.fi/jusskiiv/pak/old_school.zip

The Hood

Looking much better!  Going in...

jamespetts

Excellent! Any progress on that church?

greenling

Looks Nice out!

greenling
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!