News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Train with different goods

Started by Vipera, October 16, 2008, 10:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vipera

I've an annoying problem that looks like there's no solution: in order to supply a steel mill I would like to use the same train for the iron and the coal (both requested by the steel mill) but there is a problem: the wagons used for the iron and the coal are exactly the same so the train leave the iron mine completely full and obviously when arrives to the coal mine there is no space for the coal... Is there a solution for this? I fear not... I also have a problem with signals but I'm trying to figure out them by myself

DirrrtyDirk

Make the station at the first stop (the iron mine) shorter than the train - only the waggons inside stations get loaded. At the next stop (the coal mine) you need a full length station - and of course also at the steel mill. Doesn't look pretty, but it should work. Oh and remember not to set the train to wait for 100% load at the first stop - as it cannnot get full ever.

And signalling: yes, most people have problems with that in the beginning - but the best thing to really understand them, is to try for yourself. A good help for that is the "b" key - with that, reserved paths are displayed in red - should help quite a bit in understanding signals.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Vipera

DirrrtyDirk

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****