News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

[9.0][Pak128.Britain-Ex 0.7.1] Train does not accept passengers

Started by vk, December 22, 2010, 02:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vk

I have a train connection between 2 stations. From time to time one or more convoys stop accepting passengers. If there is no minimal load, they travel empty between stations. If there is a minimal load set they wait forever to be loaded.

It is always the same line. Other lines seem to be ok.
There are lots of passengers at both stations which want to go to the opposite one.
Other convoys assigned to the same line behave fine.
New convoys are ok. They break after after a while.
It is possible to fix a convoy by sending it to a depot, disassembling it there and making a new one. But after some time it breaks again.

jamespetts

VK,

thank you for the report (and welcome to the forum!). As Inkelyad says, we need a saved game file of your game so that we can try to reproduce the problem. Put it in a .zip file, upload it somewhere and post a link so that we can download it.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

vk

jamespetts

Right, I think that I've found the problem. When you had the train set as "wait for load", the program kept checking the average speed, which, since the train had not moved, was zero. This was greatly reducing the average speed for that line, which, in turn, made the infrequent 'bus line between the same origin and destination passengers' preferred route, so they were waiting for the 'bus instead of taking the train, which was incorrectly recorded as being far too slow.

I have now changed the code so that average speed will not be computed when the journey distance is zero, which should prevent this from recurring in the future. This fix should be made available in the next version of Simutrans-Experimental to be released. Thank you for your report!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.