News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Pak.Britain.Exp - how to compile.

Started by Milko, December 26, 2010, 05:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

Hmm - I don't maintain the makefile and am not quite sure how it works, and The Hood, who does, seems to be away; are there any makefile geeks out there who might be able to assist...?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

wlindley

Just remove that second DIRS192 := ..... which assigns an empty value, demolishing the boats/boats192 which was appended on the previous line.

MCollett

Quote from: wlindley on August 11, 2012, 11:34:46 AM
Just remove that second DIRS192 := ..... which assigns an empty value, demolishing the boats/boats192 which was appended on the previous line.
... which is exactly why I described it as counterproductive.

Matthew

jamespetts

Ahh, I see now. Will be fixed for the next release. Thank you for the report!

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Milko

Hello

I apologize, I have inserted those changes, I have the "copy" because I do not know makeobj and I can not do tests on my PC.

I think the problem is common to pkaBritain standards.

Giuseppe

greenling

Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

jamespetts

I don't have access to Sourceforge, I'm afraid: I only maintain the Experimental branch of Pak128.Britain.

greenling

Ok.
Thank you for this info.
Than must i try to reconfig the data out the github.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Milko

Hello

Update: now the script pak also the .\boats\holds folder.

Giuseppe

Milko

Update.

Add: now compile new signalboxes.

Edit: some fix.

Giuseppe

Moe Ron

With the most recent file leading to a 404, I don't suppose we can get another compile from you, Milko?

Milko

Hello Moe Ron

Sorry for my english.

Are you asking for the file to build from sources or are you asking for a built pakbritain file?

Now I don't have a pak built, I may build for you but not now.

I attach the file to build. You may use to build the pak.britain.experimental from sources.

Giuseppe

Moe Ron

Quote from: Milko on July 22, 2016, 03:49:23 PM
Are you asking for the file to build from sources or are you asking for a built pakbritain file?

My intention is to find new versions of the PAK files, as github's files have dates from 3+ years ago.

Ves

Is this what you are looking for?

https://github.com/jamespetts/simutrans-pak128.britain/tree/half-heights

Otherwise, I did upload a complete package to a dropbox folder a while ago with game and pakset. The pakset is a month old now, but using the makeobj you can make yourself the newest version.
Dont forget to read the README for instructions :)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sdzp4v1ds8jz862/AADDhXTaVtJ4EaG-LpLlQc9na?dl=0

jamespetts

Quote from: Moe Ron on July 23, 2016, 04:10:55 AM
My intention is to find new versions of the PAK files, as github's files have dates from 3+ years ago.

If you build from the half-heights branch, you should be able to get the up to date dataset there; the master branch is now out of date (but retained as such as it is the one that is compatible with 11.35; the half-heights branch requires the build from devel-new).

Moe Ron

Thanks, I now have a functioning version of SimEx 120.1.2. I've absolutely no clue of what to do with the various new forms of signalling, but a bit of Wikipedia and some trial and error should lead me the right way.

Going through the config files, I still can't seem to find a way to enable liveries while having use_timeline set to 0. Is it possible have liveries, but the entire timeline's selection of infrastructure?

jamespetts

Liveries do not currently work with the timeline disabled, as the livery system depends on the timeline to pick the correct livery. As to signalling, once the design is finalised (there may still be some changes to implement), I plan to complete the series of Youtube video tutorials on the topic (there are currently two tutorials: one on drive by sight and one on signals and signalboxes). It is encouraging that you were able to work out how it works even without this! Thank you for your feedback.

fam621

This is a brilliant pack! I can play this all day long James! :)

The new version of Experimental is 5 stars, infact 10 stars! Thanks for giving us a very early insight to Sim Ex 120! #Itsworthit!

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Please do not doublepost. I have again combined your posts.

I'm glad for your enthusiasm, however. Thank you for being a member of the community. :)

fam621

James, is it possible to do a GNER livery and the new Eurostar livery for me please? :)

jamespetts

It is theoretically possible, but there is a gargantuan queue of higher priorities.

fam621

Vladki

fam621

There's broken down trains, which causes delays.... :(

Vladki

Quote from: fam621 on August 28, 2016, 11:01:19 AM
There's broken down trains, which causes delays.... :(
The server game is for testing new features. And at the moment the signaling is broken... If you want, find and empty corner of map and do your own testing.

fam621

I would like to ask? Is it possible to do the South Central livery for the DC only class 375 and the class 313 please? :)

Vladki

Quote from: fam621 on August 29, 2016, 07:14:24 PM
I would like to ask? Is it possible to do the South Central livery for the DC only class 375 and the class 313 please? :)

This question should be probably in some other topic... But in general the answer is, yes, it is perfectly possible, and you can do it yourself. The sources are here: https://github.com/jamespetts/simutrans-pak128.britain
Find the planes you are interested in, download the relevant .dat and .png files, use some bitmap editor to add new livery to .png, and text editor to add it to .dat. Compile with makeobj (http://server.exp.simutrans.com/Devel-new-builds/), and use in your game. For even better results, you can try blender (3D render) And please share with us the result.

fam621

When I download the stuff, it does not work.

Ves

Quote from: fam621 on August 30, 2016, 01:40:51 PM
When I download the stuff, it does not work.
What doesn't work? You can't download the sources? You can't install blender? You can't open the files in blender?

fam621

Can someone make compile the normal (Non-LU) platforms so that they can be uses Underground please? :)

Rollmaterial

Quote from: fam621 on September 21, 2016, 04:41:29 PM
Can someone make compile the normal (Non-LU) platforms so that they can be uses Underground please? :)
Luckily I happen to play with your requested modification ;)
Here's my .pak file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByLSSg3gXTz-QmtOazZpSGh4eXc/view?usp=sharing
Simply replace it in the pak folder. It has the stone and concrete platforms, bare and with building, as well as the bare goods siding available underground.

Compiling the pakset is pretty simple actually, just follow the second part of this tutorial: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=14254.0. To get something available overground, underground or both, you simply alter allow_underground in the .dat file (0=overground, 1=underground, 2=both).

fam621

Can you compile this .dat file for me please? :)