News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Different townhalls for different ages

Started by Václav, December 26, 2010, 06:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

Currently townhalls have the same face for the same city size regardless of age when it was built. So I have following idea for townhalls:

I think that townhall built in city of fifteen thousand people in year (for example) 1910 should be different from townhall built in city of fifteen thousand people in year (for example) 1948 or 2000.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

greenling

That´s it´s very good idea!
I find that in openpak128 no evolution by the cityhalls gives!
More different cityhalls are desired too keep the  boredom away.
greenling
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

jamespetts

I think that it is possible to define town halls with introduction and retirement dates in the paksets: it's just that nobody's done it yet.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Václav

Thank to both you for support of my idea.

I am not sure if it can be done without change of game code. This is reason why I placed it here.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

If someone paints this for pak64, I suspect it would get added. But a lot of features don't get added because people have great ideas, but no art.

Erik

Great idea indeed.
Something I had in mind, but has never come up to say it.
In history someone had already made a few new townhalls for pak128.

prissi

pak64 has an old style townhall for low levels ...

Fabio

So, it's a pak-dependent issue.
I move this to Pak 128 board.

VS

You could clone it to all other pak boards as well :P

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

VS

Oh, oh God... Where's the head banging smiley? I'm going outside and refuse any responsibility ;D Logout and run, yes, both good ideas.

edit: I hope there aren't any hats around as a consequence! I don't want to be hated...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Fabio

I just executed orders, hahahahahahahahahahahaha
;D

Václav

Currently I have hands full of work on queen of railway stations. But after it I would to try to paint some modern ones (read townhalls).

Quote from: Isaac.Eiland-Hall on December 26, 2010, 09:01:31 PM
But a lot of features don't get added because people have great ideas, but no art.
I am worried about you are right - and that this one will be one of them ... at least for some time.

Quote from: VS on December 27, 2010, 11:54:07 AM
Oh, oh God... Where's the head banging smiley?
Would be something like this sufficient?