News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

SimuGraph

Started by Mavadelo, October 15, 2016, 04:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mavadelo

Hi all, sorry iif this is the wrong place to post.
I found this forum and game when searching for info about SimuGraph since DoveTailGames has announced their new train sim (UE4 based) and mentioned they are using something called "SimuGraph" in the development of routes and scenarios.
Now I downloaded this SimuTrans and got a game that looked a bit like SimCity so this made me wonder. IS this game still running on/with SimuGraph and is this the same tool as used by DTG? If so, is there a "dev version" of this simugraph that TS modders could use for creating UGC?
An example of the use of SimuGraph by DTG can be seen in following video, maybe that helps in telling if this is the same tool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVmo281NUg8

An_dz

The first thing is: Don't use acronyms. I have no idea what UE4 or UGC are, just use acronyms if the community involved is inserted on them, like using AEO on Age of Empires forums or TES for Elder Scrolls forums.

And answering your question:
No, our game has nothing to do with DoveTailGames or the SimuGraph engine, they just used a pretty simple and non-creative name that was once used by the Simutrans creator to host a site about his development and once was our forum as well.

Simutrans uses its own developed engine. ;)

HarrierST

Quote from: An_dz on October 15, 2016, 07:36:05 PM
T
No, our game has nothing to do with DoveTailGames or the SimuGraph engine, they just used a pretty simple and non-creative name that was once used by the Simutrans creator to host a site about his development and once was our forum as well.

Does this mean they have stolen your intellectual copyright? So you can sue them - To help keep this forum going.  :) :D :o :police:

Ters

Quote from: HarrierST on October 20, 2016, 12:43:40 AM
Does this mean they have stolen your intellectual copyright?

Please, don't post anything about the copyright of Simutrans.