News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Help understanding inputfactor

Started by grampybear, December 10, 2011, 02:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grampybear

Good morning all, Would someone please explain how inputfactor for end user industry is arrived at?  If dept store receives 3 commodities, each with different inputcapacity, what determines the inputfactor ? I have read the information available but it just gives a number with no explanation's of how it reached. Thank you for help

mEGa

From the wiki :
http://www.simutrans-germany.com/wiki/wiki/en_FactoryDef#input

• InputFaktor
    • [/b] - sets the relationship (percentage) between raw materials consumed (input) and commodities produced (output)
    • Value = 200: two tons of raw materials are needed to produce one ton of commodity
    • Value = 50: half a ton of raw materials are needed to produce one ton of commodity
I believe that it cannot differentiate a raw material of the other one but takes all of them to calculate his percentage
Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

grampybear

Thank you, but this rule seems to only apply to a factory that produces something and not to an end user that only receives things, etc: dept store. My thinking tells me that while the inputcapacity of each item differs each item has a value of 100 for inputfactor but this doesnot seem to be true. As I look thru the svn end users inputfactors vary from 50 to 360, example-
supermarket in pak128 receives three items, food inputfactor=200,canned_food inputfactor=50, and beer inputfactor=180

Combuijs

In your example, if the supermarket produces 1000 units per month, it will consume 2000 food, 500 canned_food and 1800 beer per month.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

grampybear

Thank you, now I understand where the numbers come from and how they relate.

Severous

In this thread is a post where the coal supplied to an end user industry, power station, was tracked. 

The 50% input factor was observed to work as stated above by Combuijs.

http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=7989.msg77565#msg77565
Regards
Sev.