News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

128.simutrans.entropy.me.uk

Started by Ashley, January 02, 2011, 01:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

janika600(hun)

Quote from: Timothy on March 05, 2011, 10:51:27 AM
Try setting up a completely new simutrans folder with only the pakset from the link above installed. It's always best to just use a clean install of Simutrans for multiplayer games as it avoids the mismatch issue.

i get the problem...

cause when i extract the open pak to pak128, it makes a simutrans folder in pak128

what's the password?

Mod note: please do not double-post. The forum is not a chat. Edit your last comment instead.
~IgorEliezer

Ashley

You need to switch to a player other than spectator that doesn't already have a password set.
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

janika600(hun)

Quote from: Timothy on March 05, 2011, 11:52:11 AM
You need to switch to a player other than spectator that doesn't already have a password set.

thanks.

Who playing now on server?

Lipathor

I have problem with this server. I started to play this morning, next i've locked company with password, switched to spectator and closed the client. Now i'm logging in again and... where is my company?

Ashley

If your company went bankrupt while you were logged out then it would have been removed from the game, this is most likely what happened I'm afraid.
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.

Lipathor

Ashley

I split the discussion about abusive players off into an extension request:

http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=7050.0

Edit: Map restarted since the last one got trashed.

Lipathor

Ashley

It should be.

Edit: New map up on the new stable release. Bigger map this time since these servers seem to be becoming more and more popular :)

uci

It seems that the server is not listed in Game info,
but it works if introduced manually. What's up?
Is it properly announced?

uci

Ashley

It seems to be announced ok now. Though it's showing the wrong game version on the server list (seems to do that every so often...)

transporter

I have an error that pops up when I try to enter the game (or something similar):
Running world, pause=0, fast forward=0 ...
expose: x=1436, y=856
textur_resize()::screen=0x1744adb0
World destroyed.
Calculating textures ...done
FATAL ERROR: planquadrat_t::rdwr()
Error while loading game: Unknown ground type '101'

Any idea what that means? I have 110.0.1 and the pakset at the beginning of this thread.

Ashley

transporter

Snow Leopard on an Intel Mac. This error shows up whenever I try to enter any server, with it's respective pak. But since you asked which OS, that's the problem right there isn't it...

Ashley

Yeah the Mac version is I think still quite broken, could you run the game with the "-debug 3" flag and then raise a bug report with that log?

Dwachs

Quote from: transporter on March 27, 2011, 04:13:27 PM
I have an error that pops up when I try to enter the game (or something similar):
expose: x=1436, y=856
textur_resize()::screen=0x1744adb0
World destroyed.
FATAL ERROR: planquadrat_t::rdwr()
Error while loading game: Unknown ground type '101'

Any idea what that means? I have 110.0.1 and the pakset at the beginning of this thread.
After such a crash there should be a file clientX-network.sve in your simutrans directory (one level above the savegames directory). Could you copy this network savegame to your savegame director and try to load it from simutrans?
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

transporter

Tried what you said, and it does the same thing. Same exact code. Here's a few more lines up (I'm pretty sure that's just from the startup code):
Preparing startup ...
Loading BDF font 'font/Prop-Latin1.bdf'
Loading BDF font font/Prop-Latin1.bdf with 256 characters
Show banner ...
World destroyed.
FATAL ERROR: dingliste_t::laden()
During loading: Unknown object type '0'

Abort trap
logout

[Process completed]

Timothy-I have no idea what that means. I'm only a beginner with the game, and even worse with code/debugging.

prissi

Well the mac version could fail at many stuff. But this rather looks like the savegame were not correctly transferred, which is somehow strange. There should be a file in your simutrans personal folder (where also a file names simu.log and default.sve should be) named "client-networkXXX.sve" (then ending is just a number) Could you upload this file?

transporter

I don't really have a way to upload the file...

sdog

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Dwachs

transporter

Not cool. So let's get back to the error itself. What does it mean and how do I fix it? (If I can)

prissi

The error means that the program encountered an unexpected input. This can usually only happen if one uses a wrong version to open a game or if the game is corrupt.

Can you open a terminal go to simutrans program folder, and type "./simutrans -log 1 -debug 3"

This shoudl generate a file simu.log with much more (hopefully useful) diagnostic messages.

transporter

I have 2 different folders though. One is where the game (executable, paks, etc) and another folder that has the savegames. Which one so I go to? And if the folder is selected, do I type "./simutrans -log 1 -debug 3" or just "-log 1 -debug 3"?

Dwachs

You have to do this in the folder, where the executable is.

transporter

Got it. When I use that command, it runs and opens up simutrans. And I'm not sure how far to go, so I went ahead and tried to connect online. It failed of course, but now I have a simu.log file all the way from the debug to the crash that is 1.1 MB in size. Is that what I upload?

Dwachs

Yes please upload this (maybe zip before)

transporter

Mac Snow Leopard 10.6
Simutrans 110.0.1, pak128 1.4.6 nightly (the one at the beginning of this thread)
Fatal error when connecting online to 128.simutrans.entropy.me.uk
Try reproducing on Mac OSX.
Happened when trying to connect to server, loading bar at 100%

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B4x-6whHppW7YTE0NjNkM2QtMzFjMy00OWRjLTk3MmQtMmRjNjE2YjE4NDlm&hl=en&authkey=CKnF7oAP

P.S. This error comes up whenever I try to connect online with any pakset

prissi

The version is not matching with the server. It does not now about the trees. Your version is revision 4321 aparently. you need revision 4359 to connect. Not maybe try downloading the executable from sourceforge. (If this is the executable from sourceforge, then something went wrong with compilation).

transporter

So the pakset matched, but the executable didn't. I'll try that. And how can you tell which version the executable is once you download it?

prissi

It should be the stable 100.0.1. Usually during the build process it should generate a version number of the current version, built date and revision. Aparently for the mac version you used no revision is given and thus you can connect (but without sucess) with any version.

So go to https://sourceforge.net/projects/simutrans/files/simutrans/110-0-1/ and download you mac system matching version.

transporter

Got it to work. Thanks for the help. Btw, great job with the game :) love it

sgtsammac

Guys how do i join? I am on the server but i want to play not spectate, it is asking for a password.