News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

9.2 with latest graphics bug

Started by waerth, January 05, 2011, 05:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waerth

Hello James,

Am about to email you the save game.
I have exp 9.2 with the newest graphic set by sdog as discussed here:
http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=6365.0

I love to tunnel so I build a subway first. The train starts out running correctly but then it all of a sudden cannot find a route anymore. I am afraid it has something to do with the tracks I laid on ground level ....

The train is stuck and even refuses going back over the same tracks it got there in the 1st place!!

Waerth

jamespetts

Are you sure that this is not just as a result of the train's weight increasing to exceed the weight limit after it has been loaded?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

ӔO

reload the game, that should fix it.

You can do it with bridges too.

all you have to do:
let a train line run on a bridge or tunnel section
upgrade the tunnel or bridge with something better
train will get stuck as it cannot find a route when it comes up to the replaced/upgraded section.

it's more of routing problem than graphical.

only seems to happen when there are a ton of route calculations the game has to do, as I never got this in smaller games.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

waerth

Nope this is the first line of the game.

Train is empty more or less, just a few pax
If I destroy the track and replace it it will go over it with no problems till the way point I put in and then it will get stuck again.
It is underground and it is the tunnel track of 175 km/h with the only available EMU on it in 1910 weight is no issue.

Saving and reloading doesn't work it seems.

W

jamespetts

Is this problem reproducible in Standard? The nature of the problem that you describe does not seem to interface with Simutrans-Experimental features.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

waerth

I don't know. The problem wasn't there with 9.0 as I dug an extensive tunnel network in my saved game of that version. I started again in 9.2 on a new map.

jamespetts

I've tried the saved game that you sent me, but I can't reproduce this one, I'm afraid. Are you running a 32-bit binary on a 64-bit Linux system?

waerth

No I have Vista 32 bit Home edition.

I have restarted my computer overnight for another reason and when I tried the savefile now, it was working correctly. Once I have build a nice network on the map I will send you a saved copy again as I know you are looking for big maps with big networks for development purposes :)

W

sdog

QuoteI have exp 9.2 with the newest graphic set by sdog as discussed here:
http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=6365.0

please bear in mind that my pack build has not been tested a lot so far, this might very well be a problem originating from my build. If you encounter a bug, and the savegame still works with the released version of 7.1 please try it with it too. (Since your bug is gone now, this won't work, but it is a request for the future.)