News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

eclecticism -- open pak 128 buildings

Started by sdog, January 08, 2011, 06:04:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdog

i've looked at some pak128 buildings, and think some of the sights would fit quite nicely into pak128.Britain (PB), with some gimp only modifications for colour. For immediate comparison i attach an image. A building very typical for PB is pasted as reference in the upper right corner. The pak128 sights are labeled from a to j.

a) would fit without changes

b) needs some desaturation for the trees and red antennae

c) looks to me more british than continental, needs some darkening

d) desaturating the roof. the trees should be fine already. The house might be quite a bit too large however.

e) desaturating trees and some grime for the windows.

f) unsure about this one, are typical mosques built in britain?

g) massive desaturation of the roof, perhaps some damages. (looks to well maintained for a ruin in 128 too)

h) quite unsure if this type of churches were built at any point on the island

i) graphicaly the most problematic, but it's pretty cool, removing some highlights, diffusing and reducing the shadow on the dish, making the dish grimey.

j) with a bit desaturation this should look quite good in PB, and is at least a source of some colour. (there must be something over there that's not gray or rust coloured :-P)

greenling

sdog
you want carry building from openpak128 to pak128.Britain?

greenling
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

sdog

not directly, the style between both paks is very different. But i've looked for those who could perhaps be modified to fit to pak128.Britain.

The Hood

By all means try, but my instinct is that it is generally easier to get a consistent effect by re-making them in blender (maybe I'm just fussy and perfectionist).  It would be great to have buildings like these eventually.

jamespetts

Hmm, I'm not so sure about these, as many of them don't have a very British style. The church (h) is the most British looking, but the scale seems too small compared to the other buildings. Wasn't somebody doing a church, with only the tile cutting left to do?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

wlindley

I have, in stalled progress, a 1x1 and a 2x2 church... all hand drawn in Gimp with use of Layers... if someone wants the .xcf file, let me know.  I also was doing a 1x1 city park, with and without a Red Phone Box... i mean to finish them someday, but would be happy to let someone else do.

kierongreen

I agree with The Hood and jamespettes. One of the things I wanted when starting pak128.Britain was for it to have a consistent look (by rendering everything with the same settings in blender).

sdog

The response is quite clear i think, no need to try it then. (i'm a bit disapointed on the observatory though, but perhaps i've been not very objective with that object.)

churches like e) also with that size seem to be all over this place (Toronto), so i thought it could perhaps be typical to the uk too. Might as well be something specifically colonial.

@Wlindley:
QuoteI have, in stalled progress, a 1x1 and a 2x2 church... all hand drawn in Gimp with use of Layers... if someone wants the .xcf file, let me know.  I also was doing a 1x1 city park, with and without a Red Phone Box
could you perhaps do a version with a blue, somewhat larger, box? :-P (setting dates to make it quite rare)

prissi

The church windows in e also have night color. So darking them is probably not very clever ...