News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Freight planes pak... fly me to the goods

Started by vilvoh, September 20, 2008, 05:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vilvoh

While I fix the alignment issues, add colors and textures, I've finished a couple of freight planes sets that where pending since long time ago: Piasecki-H21 and Ilyushin IL-76. Enjoy with the fly!  ;D

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

vilvoh

Another set, this time Sikorsky S51 with HSO3, RSA and RSF models. It's a small but profitable helicopter.

skreyola

--Skreyola
You can also help translate for your language with SimuTranslator.

vilvoh

The last one pending, Sikorsky S55 set with five different models.

JPdude612

Nice planes! I downloaded a few before I signed up, but then I switched over to the simutrans Expiremental and It wouldn't accept my pak64 files. It gave me a Fatal Error.
Yes, I am half Japanese.

http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=5071.0 my hondajet

skreyola

Quote from: JPdude612 on May 11, 2010, 10:35:13 PM
Nice planes! I downloaded a few before I signed up, but then I switched over to the simutrans Expiremental and It wouldn't accept my pak64 files. It gave me a Fatal Error.
Did you try the repak'd paks or only vilvoh's originals?
--Skreyola

vilvoh

I'm afraid these planes aren't prepared to be supported by STExp. As skreyola made some post before, you must modify the dat files in order to make them compatible with it.

JPdude612

Quote from: skreyola on May 12, 2010, 04:26:58 AM
Did you try the repak'd paks or only vilvoh's originals?
???

Quote from: vilvoh on May 12, 2010, 08:46:00 AM
I'm afraid these planes aren't prepared to be supported by STExp. As skreyola made some post before, you must modify the dat files in order to make them compatible with it.
Darn it. I was hoping to be able to.
Yes, I am half Japanese.

http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=5071.0 my hondajet

neroden

Quote from: vilvoh on December 11, 2009, 09:00:34 AM
The balancing approach for STExp it's completly different from the Simutrans standard one.
The biggest change is the New Physics Model.  Most of the other things in experimental are added features -- so that you can use the source files for an experimental-ready pak with few changes and get a reasonable pak for standard, just without the features.  But the physics model is a major change which requires complete alteration of the power numbers for every vehicle.  If I had been thinking clearly about git back when the New Physics Model was introduced came out I would have tried to keep it on its own 'feature branch' to make it possible to merge into standard in the future.  It may still be possible to reconstruct things to make that possible.

Anyway, as it is now, if you're willing to download makeobj-experimental, it's not that hard to rebuild an experimental-compatible .pak file from the .dat and .png files.  And .dat files are easy enough to change.

skreyola

Okay. Recent changes to STE would seem to make both versions of the goods planes paks not work. I haven't made a repak since the changes, and before, the originals should have worked, just taken three forevers to load.
I haven't had a chance to do anything for STE lately, and I no longer play it, so I don't know if I will again.
--Skreyola

electroduck

I was very excited to play with these planes, but I could not, because they broke simutrans. ???
Screenshot:
http://www.electroduck.com/images/simutrans/simutrans_f1.gif

PS I might be playing Experimantal, but I don't think so.

EDIT: I tried it in my other computer... still a fail, just a diffrent-looking one. Screenshot: http://www.electroduck.com/images/simutrans/simu-fail.gif

Also, I made sure that I didn't download the SimEx versions.

EDIT 2: Apparently the problem is with either "AAT Cargo Terminal", "HKE Cargo Facility", or both. I am now having lots of fun transporting! THANK YOU FOR THESE GREAT PLANES!! :award:  :)

EDIT 3: And the helicopters are cool too.

EDIT 4: Can you make some bulk carriers? Preferably 2+ planes, 1+ helicopters.

EDIT 5: If you give me the pre-cut PNGs of some of the planes you have already made, I could change their DATs because the problem for me is using GIMP to cut out planes in the correct dimensions (64x64).
EAT BASE 64!
$TXkgbmFtZSBpcyBlbGVjdHJvZHVjay4NCllvdSBjYW4gdmlzaXQgbXkgd2ViIHNpdGUgYXQgaHR0cDovL3d3dy5lbGVjdHJvZHVjay5jb20vDQpJIGxpa2UgRG9mdXMgYW5kIFNpbXV0cmFucy4=

vilvoh

Maybe you downloaded the experimental versions, created by skreyola, and you're using them with Simutrans standard. I can guarantee you they don't make simutrans crash..

greenling

vilvoh you are a great destiny to creat new pakfiles for simutrans.
thank´s for your new Pakfiles.

greenling
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

sgtsammac

Hey vilvoh i was wondering how hard would it be for you to convert these to 128? Because i wouldn't mind using the V-22 osprey and the antonov an-225.

vilvoh

Uhmmmm... I've the original 3D models of almost all planes and most of the textures. So, if you're willing, I could send you the files. It's just a matter of changing a few parameters and doubling the size of the whole model.

sgtsammac

Quote from: vilvoh on December 20, 2010, 10:26:15 PM
Uhmmmm... I've the original 3D models of almost all planes and most of the textures. So, if you're willing, I could send you the files. It's just a matter of changing a few parameters and doubling the size of the whole model.
Ahh ok, the thing is i do not have the programmes like blender or the know how but i can try to download it and i will read the tutorials, thanks for replying. Edit: i now have blender.

skreyola

@sgtsammac: I think there's a template blend file floating around the forum somewhere.
--Skreyola

vilvoh

skreyola

@vilvoh: Thank you. Nice to know I'm not losing my memory. :)
--Skreyola

qwerty1746

The files in these messages are broken in someway.
http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=470.msg14993#msg14993 Not a valid archive.
http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=470.msg9687#msg9687 Broken zip conversion.
They are the AW 660 Argosy and the AAT Cargo Terminal.