News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Update to add symbols for status bar, network etc.

Started by Ashley, January 19, 2011, 08:49:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley

I noticed that pak.Britain (and some others) have yet to include the icons shown in the bottom-right to indicate various statuses (e.g. network mode, timeline mode, fast-forward and pause). The icons for these can just be the same as the pak64 ones since they won't vary in size and a consistent icon for this will help to avoid confusing players.

I've modified the following two files from the SVN on Sourceforge to include the icons from pak64, I haven't tested compiling them but they should work exactly the same as the pak64 ones in theory.
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

jamespetts

Timothy,

thank you for doing that. However, when I test them, there seem to be some difficulties: the background to the symbols appears in blue, rather than the grey of the title bar, and when the connected to server symbol is displayed, the blue background seems to obliterate the calendar symbol: the same goes for the fast forward and pause symbols.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ashley

Grr, probably the application I used to modify the images saved the blue as the wrong colour so it isn't transparent. I'll do it again tomorrow. (I didn't test it since it seemed such a simple modification...)
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.

Ashley

Try this one, should be right this time.

The Hood

Thanks!  Time is somewhat limited at the minute, but I'll add it when I next get chance.

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

The Hood