News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Post office problem

Started by pdunning, January 21, 2011, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdunning

Hi,

I have Simutrans 102.2.2 with pak128.britain 1.08 and am playing in 1834. My problem is that when I try to build a station extension building (post office or station building etc) by placing it next to a station, I get a message saying that it should be placed on a free tile next to a station - which is where I tried to put it.

Any ideas?

VS

Hi! Could you share a screenshot of the situation please? The description isn't enough to tell anything :)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

pdunning

VS

Umm... how is anyone supposed to know where you tried building the post office? All I can really see is a roof.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

pdunning

sorry, the red highlighted square.

The Hood

Odd.  I definitely can't reproduce this in 102.2.2 or in the nightlies.

pdunning

Ok this is strange, I get this behaviour on the game in the screenshot and also if I try it on the map that appears on startup, but not on any new game or on a save of another game I have.

VS

Weird. Hmmm... you could try setting these in simuconf.tab and using query tool on that square:

only_single_info = 0
tree_info = 1
pedes_and_car_info = 1
townhall_info = 1

If there is something, it might show. You could also try rotating the map, that can clean up some weirdness - or at least make it appear. One possibility is an object which has messed up graphics so it looks empty. If it has also set "no info" flag, you won't even see it with query though :-/

Another test could be what happens when you try to destroy that tile.

The Hood

I think I understand now - the station in your screenshot, and indeed in the startup game, are public player stations.  Because of this, only the public player can extend them.  If you try to extend them as another player, you get the error.  Solution: switch to public player to extend the station.

pdunning