News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Pack 128 sources

Started by Fabio, October 22, 2008, 08:49:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabio

If i got it right, pak 128 has gone open source...

where can i download the sources (for me to be able to work on new projects, etc...)

kierongreen

Not sure whether it's actually gone open source yet or still in the process...

wernieman

We (VS) work on the problem, but at the moment are some grafiks not open source

the problem is to know the author, so he/she can give the O.K. (see http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=472.0)

SO, at the moment you can not download the sources. When we have the O.K. from everybody (ore delete some grafiks), you can download it per svn, like the simutrans-sources....
I hope you understand my English

VS

Yup, it's still going on.

However if you (yes, specifically you) want something, ask and see if it's already available...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Fabio

thank you...

bottom line, i still have the sources of an older version, in case i need something... and don't worry, i'll try to make everything "unrelated" to the original...

(by the way, i think i'll try to resume that work on train tracks, i'll update you on the progress...)

Smatch

There is already a svn-repository, but not pulic. Is this correct? Cannot find any link to it.
Well, I am interested in working on it. But what is important for me: does 'source' mean only stuff like *.png or *.blend/*.xcf etc., too? Without that it is almost like before, because it sometimes is quite impossible to really 'upgrade' those files in a open-source-way. There is no source in this way for older pak128-stuff, that is clear. But is this planned for future?

vilvoh

I think in this case source means png file, that contains the images of the object, and dat file, that contains the attributes of the object. As Simutrans is open source only since a year, the real sources are not available or are very difficult to get, basically because the original authors didn't publish them.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

DirrrtyDirk

Yes, the .png and .dat files will be provided (just like in pak64 now). Whatever people used to create these .png files (blender, photoshop, etc.) is not part of it.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

VS

What Dirk said.

For future - of course, I will try to get these "meta-sources", too, it is preferred, but should not be mandatory.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!