News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Highways in pak 64

Started by Bub, January 29, 2011, 11:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bub

Dear Simutrans team, I have simutrans, pak 64 and it is awesome, but in the next version of pak 64 could you please add a highway tool to the road tools. Thank you for your help,
Sincerely,

Bub

prissi

No; but you can use japanese highway from here:
http://japanese.simutrans.com/index.php?%A5%A2%A5%C9%A5%AA%A5%F3%2F%B8%F2%C4%CC%BB%DC%C0%DF%20%A3%B2

(And please perhaps you should think about your way of introduction as first message.)

Bub

Thanks prissi, but where can I download the highway addon?

Ashley

Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

Ters

Looks like this is the only elevated way set, since it and only it comes up in every thread I find about elevated roads for pak64, except one set I found in the archive forum that was little more than a todo list. But how does it integrate with with pak64? The look of the roads appears different. Will it completely replace the pak64 roads, or will it become a mishmash of roads from both?

prissi

There are also normal roads; and pak64 will never add elevated roads. pak64.japan will, as those are much much more common there.

Ters

I can see from the graphics that there are normal roads too. What I was asking is whether or not these roads will completely replace those present in default pak64. It won't help if I always use roads from this road pak if the towns keep building roads using other graphics. There is also a question of balancing, not that money matters after 10 game years.

I'm not really after elevated roads, but one of two other things:
1. Curved and diagonal bridges. These do exist in Europe, which I believe is what pak64 is based on. I can fake curved bridges somewhat using bridge to vertical cliff, but I get some ugly fence graphics across the road/railway half the time.
2. Roads through cities without frequent junctions that don't get degraded to 50 km/h city streets.

There is also the problem that trees and buildings sometimes grow through bridges. I'm not sure if elevated roads suffer from that too. At least this is just a visual problem.

electroduck

the zip file seems to be corrupted...
EAT BASE 64!
$TXkgbmFtZSBpcyBlbGVjdHJvZHVjay4NCllvdSBjYW4gdmlzaXQgbXkgd2ViIHNpdGUgYXQgaHR0cDovL3d3dy5lbGVjdHJvZHVjay5jb20vDQpJIGxpa2UgRG9mdXMgYW5kIFNpbXV0cmFucy4=

Bub

I have now moved onto pak 128.britain, so how do I get elevated highways?