News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Motion/Weight Activated Traffic Lights

Started by Bub, February 02, 2011, 11:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bub

In Simutrans, sometimes a traffic light is only sometimes necessary. In order to solve problems of long waiting I would like to suggest Motion and/or weight activated traffic lights. This may sound counfusing or technical without a video, but I'll do my best to describe the situation in words.
     Say there is a three way or four way intersection with a really busy road and a sometimes busy road. When there are no cars waiting on the sometimes busy road, the light on the really busy road will be the color green. That will change when a car pulls up to the intersection on the sometimes busy road. The light on the really busy road will be changing to the color yellow will stay like that for 5 seconds, then change to red. The sometimes busy road's light will turn green immediately or after a slight delay (a few seconds). The car waiting on the sometimes busy road will continue straight or turn left or right. After the car is a safe distance away from the traffic light, the light on the really busy road will change to green and the traffic will continue flowing, and eventually the cycle will repeat and repeat over and over, but you don't have to constantly watch the cycle. Feel free to roam around your world and make changes.