News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Network - When rejoining server, client remembers last position on map

Started by Ashley, February 06, 2011, 01:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley

We now have the network mode remembering the player we were last (which is really useful). Would it be possible for it to also remember the last location on the map? Currently every time you rejoin (e.g. after a desync) it reverts your position to somewhere else on the map. It'd be really useful if it could remember where you were.
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

jamespetts

I see that this hasn't been posted in a long time, but I missed this topic first time around: it would be helpful if this feature could be reconsidered, if the developers are not too busy on other things.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ashley

Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ashley

Well probably not too hard to do, just make the game remember the last coordinates of the viewport for each server, and then move to that point when you join the server. I don't know where the best place would be to do that.

prissi

That the map download from the server is at the position at the server has the reason, that anyone can see some labels with the server rule immediately. And a server could not guess, if a client is rejoining or not.

Fabio

Every company could have a current position saved, so in the moment you switch to that company, the focus is moved there.