News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Diagonal Stations

Started by michaelj_80, February 09, 2011, 09:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelj_80

I don't know if this have been suggested before but i think it would be great with train and bus stations in all 8 directions also diagonal Stations.
At least for Trains. It would really make railway construction more flexible allowing us to easier make railway networks looking realistic and easy recreate existing networks from different parts of the world.
Maybe this is difficult to code or is this possible? Any designers who know how to implement this?

Pati

Yes, it has been suggested before. It was not totally denied, but it won't be implemented so soon. (See http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=341.0)
Here are some Screenshots from me.
Thanks to all SimuDevelopers!!!:):):):):)
I don't speak english that well, but I think you can understand me:)

Václav

Yea, Yea.

I think it will take a very long time - and first it would appear in Experimental, not Standard - if ever - like tilting trains - what have already been in Experimental for some time.

And I think that tilting trains are quite easier than diagonal stations - I have not studied code of tilting trains - but I think it is affair of only dat files, not png files - what makes this feature better accessible for Standard.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

jamespetts

Tilting trains were really quite straightforward. Diagonal stations would require quite a major upheaval. I don't think that I'd be in a position to code them myself; if somebody really very talented with a lot of spare time came along and wrote a patch for diagonal stations, I'd gladly put it in Experimental, but I rather suspect that such a patch would be incorporated into Standard, too, if it worked properly.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.