News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Show profit history

Started by Zeno, February 26, 2011, 10:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeno

It may sound typical, but I wanted to ask if it would be possible to store and show in vehicle's data the profit of the previous year; two or three years instead of one would be just amazing. Maybe that could go further and store values per month, but I won't ask for that much.

I ask for this not only to have the value as reference to know if the route is going fine or worse than before, but it would make life muuuuuch easier for those guys who work in pak balancing: we would be able to put a vehicle in a "typical" route, fast forward for 1 or 2 years, and check if profit vs payback time is ok, as long as we could see the profit of the last year (now we have to freeze game at end of december to check). Now that I think of it, maybe being able to check last 12 months would be great, so we wouldn't need to play for a whole year.

I'm looking forward your impressions/arguments. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Actually it is stored per month, idiot me. Anyway, would it be possible to extend to years, like the budget window (year/month tab)?

Zeno

I'll be more specific (and selfish, sorry): A summary in the current vehicle chart would help a lot; each vehicle stores statistics for last 12 months, which is fantastic, but having to click on each month and use a calculator to get the last 12 months income is fustrating when you have to do it one time and another. Just a text showing a sum of those 12 values would be great. Thanks :)

In the last post I'm sorry I didn't make any request but written my own unsorted messy thoughts :-[