News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Goods-wise breakdown of proceeds

Started by TheUniqueTiger, February 28, 2011, 02:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheUniqueTiger

Hello,

I have a suggestion for some financial statistics... I would like to see the finances window to be converted into a tabbed window like the line management window, with the entire current finances window as one tab (Overview). The other 4 tabs could be the breakdown of various statistics in month/year tabs as in current finance window.
1. Proceeds - Goods-wise breakdown as bar chart... Pretty much like the waiting bars on stations. Player would know how one particular goods is earning as compared to others.
2. Maintenance - Mode-wise breakdown as bar chart. Player would know how much railway/road/maglev/monorail/air maintenance is costing him.
3. Operation costs - Pretty similar to maintenance. Rail/road/maglev/monorail/air running costs.
4. New vehicles - Similar again. New rail/road/air/etc vehicles.

The proceeds relate to goods while all others relate to transportation methods. Hence the difference in charting criteria.

Needless to say these values should be saved/loaded as well.

Thanks.

jamespetts

This seems to be a sensible idea, although it should remain possible also to see an overview of the combined totals of each categories, as at present.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

prissi

The maintenance is very difficult to break down (or rather time consuming). Also what is the maintenance of crossings or station with both rail and road and extension buildings?

THe good wise breakdown make little sense to me, as you have to transport every good of a chain or it won't work at all ... but there is a patch in the work already for that, as I saw

TheUniqueTiger

Maintenance could have an additional "buildings" category which would include all of buildings/stations. The crossings could come in "other" category.

Prissi, the final product is always more valuable as we know, but the number of units of the base products are usually more and the revenue from the base products combined are mostly a lot more than THE final product.