News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Gas-fired power station

Started by jamespetts, February 26, 2011, 11:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

I have been trying to get the hang of TileCutter so that I can produce industry graphics, and I think that I've manage to work out how it works (it wasn't as hard as I first imagined, actually - thanks to Timothy for making the tool work quite effectively). I have started with making a gas power station (based closely on the oil power station already in Pak128.Britain, and whose graphics were used for the gas power station in the current version of Pak128.Britain-Ex).

I still haven't worked out how to set snow textures (but I notice that the oil fired power station does not have snow images either): I know that it involves using the cloud texture in Blender, but I have yet to discover to what I should apply that texture and with what settings.

Attached are a .dat and .png, as well as a screenshot of it in game. Not terribly original, I'm afraid, but I wanted to try something basic to get the hang of TileCutter to start with.

.dat file
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ashley

Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

The Hood

Nice.  I'm just starting to add the snow images for industries, but the general idea is to add one or two grey-white cloud textures on snowy surfaces.  The only other comment would be to remove those stray white pixels from the chimney stacks.

grampybear

Nice addition but will we see a natural gas production plant to supply this power plant. Presently this power plant doesnot consume anything to produce power.

The Hood

I would assume that there would be no production chain in simutrans as gas is nearly always transported by pipeline.

DirrrtyDirk

Oh in form of LNG (Liquefied natural gas) it is transported by vehicle as well (still mostly by pipeline, but often enough to have a reasonable transportation chain in Simutrans as well)

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

greenling

cam the Gas-fired power station i the Pak128.Britain ?

greenling
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

The Hood