News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Build bridges like tunnels (v. 102.2.2)

Started by seracohw, February 28, 2011, 03:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seracohw

Hi,

I found out that now you can have tunnels that are on multiple underground levels (see under water bridge for v. 102) {I think it's awesome that you finally implemented that!!!}.

Here are my two requests:

1) Change the bridge syntax to that of a tunnel so you can handle them the same way?

2) Why not make a bridge and tunnel that don't have anything inside them, so you can put track / road in them yourself (but leave the others)?

thanks for a quick reply

seracohw

Fabio

Said that i would like to see these ideas implemented, i see these weaknesses:

1) Tunnel is (now) point-to-point, bridge is not. But also elevated can be used instead, limited to one tile height only (Pak 128 will be this way). Maybe bridges and elevated should simply be unified and behave like tunnels. It could save in object (and icon) number, but it would force ALL bridges to have bends and so on, also those for which it would look silly. Maybe there could be bridges (like now) and viaducts (behave like elevated, with multiple height; click will build it bridge-like, ctrl+click only the ramp (as it does with tunnel entrance); ctrl+click would return error for "simple" bridges.

2) Nice, it was proposed years ago and I really supported it. The hardest part would be to create bridges or tunnels of bare ground (codewise almost impossible without major changes). Smaller issue would be to have a new parameter for bridges, tunnels and ways: width; a way could be built only on a bridge with width equal or greater than the way's.

By the way, welcome to the Simutrans Community!

seracohw

Hi,

thanks for your reply!

1) I mean exactly what you call "viaduct". It sounds great.

seracohw

btw: where can I get those awesome tags (e.g. european ST player)?

Václav

Quote from: seracohw on February 28, 2011, 05:00:05 PM
btw: where can I get those awesome tags (e.g. european ST player)?
from graphics.simutrans.com

If Seracohw thinks those.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

seracohw

Hi,

thanks that's what I meant.

thanks again

seracohw

Václav

... simply copy address of those pictures and paste it in Signature form (Forum profile information) and don't forget give around that link.

seracohw

Hi,

of course.

btw how can you make your own? [and upload them of course, for sharing them with others]

sarecohw

Václav

Make own: simply in any graphical editor like GIMP or so (InkScape, CorelDraw, PhotoShop) - it is all I can say about it

Upload: needed registration on graphics.simutrans.com - or (and it would be good too) simply begin new topic somewhere in forum where it would fit (Simutrans discussion) and attach - and if they will be nice for other people here, they can be uploaded on graphics.simutrans.com by someone else

-->
Viaducts: elevated ways - they look like bridges but they are built like ways (and tunnels, of course)

seracohw

Hi,

thanks a million maclav :)

@prissi: please implement this as soon as possible

Václav

No need to implement it - only you need to do is: to download them (but I am not sure where - because it is based on set you play) - but beware:

bridges can be built over water and very deep valleys like on this picture:

but elevated ways cannot be built over water - and what is more important they will copy terrain like common ways - but I have not screenshot for it

arnoud

Yes that's a issue. me bay we it is possible to build over bridges instead of ground.

Václav

Please, could you re-write the second sentence to it would be a little clearer? I am quite confused by
Quote from: arnoud on March 11, 2011, 04:33:11 PM
me bay we it is possible to build over bridges instead of ground.

But if I am not wrong with meaning of it, then I cannot do anything else than say yes on building of bridges across bridges - but beware of pillars alignment. On this bridge pillar is wrong aligned - to center. And it is very bad for building over else ways.

arnoud

Yes your right.
and yes the graphics can be bad. but I would like to have the function not the graphics.

Václav

If you would like to have that bridge (but such crossing is possible with all bridges), see here and click on the first text Stáhnout.

arnoud

Thank you very much for the link.
At this time I don't have much time to use it. I'll do it later this month