News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Trouble adding .pak files to Standard pak128 Britain

Started by Drewthegreat87, December 08, 2013, 06:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drewthegreat87

Hello,

I've been trying to add in the updated Mk1 passenger cars from Simutrans Experimental into Simutrans Standard pak128 Britain. I know that there are many features that are written up in the .dat files that aren't in standard, I've done my best to remove them and set up the .dat file similar to examples I've seen on TheHood's sourceforge page for Pak128 Britain files etc. When I run Makeobj, it packs the file without errors and I move it into the pak folder in simutrans. The problem is when I start the game up and try to see if they're working, all I get is a blank space where the car should be, but I cannot click on it and it doesn't have a name.

What am I doing wrong?

Could the .png files need correction? Are there critical programming points needed in the .dat files for Standard that might not be there in Experimental? I've successfully added files into Standard from Experimental (ng tankers) before and I'm at a loss as to why these are giving me issues.

Thanks in advance for any help!

jamespetts

Have you removed the livery specifications from the .dat files taken from Experimental?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Drewthegreat87

Yeah, I took all that out and just left the ones that I wanted to use under the empty image category (in my case, I wanted to use the maroon image. Or should I have just left all of the empty images and only removed the "livery type" lines?

Drewthegreat87

Here's the .dat file I'm working with. I'm sure there's some little bit of syntax I left out somewhere, haha!

Here's also the .pak file that I last generated from the .dat above.

Maybe the images aren't being loaded correctly my makeobj? I have them in the right place according to the tutorial, and I have the most up-to-date version of makeobj (for 112.3 and up according to the sourceforge link)

jamespetts

Ahh, yes, the issue is livery, as I had predicted. You have, for example,

EmptyImage[E][1]=./images/br-mk1-bso-front-m.1.4
EmptyImage[SE][1]=./images/br-mk1-bso-front-m.1.5
EmptyImage[S][1]=./images/br-mk1-bso-front-m.1.6
EmptyImage[SW][1]=./images/br-mk1-bso-front-m.1.7
EmptyImage[W][1]=./images/br-mk1-bso-front-m.1.0
EmptyImage[NW][1]=./images/br-mk1-bso-front-m.1.1
EmptyImage[N][1]=./images/br-mk1-bso-front-m.1.2
EmptyImage[NE][1]=./images/br-mk1-bso-front-m.1.3

Whereas it ought to be:

EmptyImage[E]=./images/br-mk1-bso-front-m.1.4
EmptyImage[SE]=./images/br-mk1-bso-front-m.1.5

(Etc.)

The numbers in square brackets after the directions represent the livery number, and are not permitted in Standard.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Drewthegreat87

Yeah, that got them working just fine. I kinda feel silly for missing that, but I really appreciate the help! Thank you!

jamespetts

You are very welcome - glad that it is working now.