News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Lack of rail bridges

Started by PkK, March 13, 2011, 12:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PkK

I've been playing openpak128 for a few days, and there's just one thing that I really miss compared to normal pak128: Rail bridges. I have TGVs and ICEs and the fast tracks to match, but the fastest bridge is just 110 km/h.

All the other things missing (some engines, including the total lack of early engines) are relatively easily worked around - I can just start at a later date. But the lack of bridges is really annoying.

Václav

See linked post to get some (my) bridges. There is bridge for speed 280 km/h. And via this post you can get bridge for speed 400 km/h.

Else high speed bridge is in archive - http://archive.forum.simutrans.com - but I am not sure where - but may it be that exact link is in else post in topic linked above.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Zeno

This lack of bridges is well known; it's because the bridges in pak128 are not free objects, thus they can't be added to openpak128. We hope someone can contribute some faster bridges to openpak128 in the future.

VS

This is really hard to fix, and by "hard" I mean a few man-months of work. Bridges are one of the hardest items to create, hence the inclusion of non-free material earlier (little to pick from) and lack of them later (nothing to pick from).

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Václav

I think it would be a little harder than it can be thought - because making next bridges would mean making also new tracks - I know that some already present bridges don't fit to tracks as well (I think one or two of the slowest ones) - but it could be good if bridges fit to tracks - for this reason I tried to make also tracks, not only bridges.

PkK

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on March 13, 2011, 01:25:55 PM
See linked post to get some (my) bridges. There is bridge for speed 280 km/h.

I just tried those. I get the bridges up to 160 km/h and the 400 km/h track, but I don't see the 280 km/h ones - do they have an introduction date later than 1993?

IMO if these are free they could be used as placeholders in openpak128 - graphically they don't fit well with the rest (e.g. the sleeper spacing is too far apart), but they make openpak playable.

Philipp

Václav

1. Yes - they are free. Sources for some are on graphics.simutrans.com - but not complete - but I can publish sources for all ones somewhere if somebody would ask for it - as it is
2. Track (and bridge) for 280 km/h has set intro year 2000

Fabio

Bridges (and tracks) are on plan.
Since i finished the bulk of work on roads, i'm likely to start having some time to devote to the railway set.