News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

ATR 42/72 Series (Airplanes)

Started by Milko, March 24, 2011, 09:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milko

Hello

This is the ATR 42-320, blue islands livery.

This is a turboprop aircraft (low running cost and low cruising speed)

ATR 42 - 320 Data:

First delivery                 12/1987
Last delivery                 12/1996
PAX                       46 / 50
Engines               2 x 24,3kN (2.100 SHP)
Operating empty weight (OEW)   10,6t (10,1t versione cargo)
Max fuel                       4,5t
Take off max weight (MTOW)      16,7t
Zero fuel max weight (MZFW)     15,2t
Max Payload (MZFW-OEW)      4,6t or 1,6t using max fuel (5,1t versione cargo or 2,1 using max fuel)
Cost                  12-16M$ (2008 42-500)
Cruise speed            450km/h

I don't have a turboprop sound, I'm using a jet sound.

Giuseppe

jamespetts

Very nice! It's excellent to see a variety of aircraft begin to accumulate.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

The Hood

Yes - great to see a steady stream of new vehicles!

Milko

Hello

The ATR 42_300F (cargo version - post)

Room for 25 bags.

Now the data

ATR 42-300F

First delivery            12/1985
Last delivery            12/1996
Pax               46 / 50 (42_300 version)
Engines               2 x 23,14kN (2.000 SHP)
Operational empty weight (OEW)      10,6t (10,1t versione cargo)
Max fuel         4,5t
Max Take off weight (MTOW)      16,7t
Max zero fuel weight (MZFW)   15,2t
Max Payload PAX version (MZFW-OEW)      4,6t – 1,6t with max fuel
Max Payload Cargo version 5,1t versione cargo – 2,1 with max fuel
Costo                  12-16M$ (2008 42-500)
Cruise speed               450km/h

FedEx Version 42_300F
First delivery   04/2003
Engines         2 x 23,14kN

This airplane can be used to carry other goods, in particular, is suitable for goods with low value of speed bonus.

This aircraft (as cargo) may carry from 2.1 tonnes (for a maximum load of fuel) up to 5.1 tonnes (the highest technical merit).

Typically in my models always use the load with the maximum value of fuel, so the load version of the post is 25 bags, but you could get loads up to 5.1 tonnes.

jamespetts

Looks lovely! If the aircraft can also carry things other than post, perhaps there should be a piece goods variant, too (perhaps with the same graphics)? If, in reality, the same aircraft are used for post and goods, one could make the mail version upgradable to the piece goods version and vice versa, and make the upgrade cost zero.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

The Hood

Good work!  I think piece, post and cooled variants are all sensible.  They can re-use the same graphics for now at least.

Milko

If can help I'm also drawing the ATR72 (a stretched version of the ATR 42), even for this model will make a cargo version with DHL livery.

The space in the hold will be higher (over 4.6 tonnes), then you can use it as an alternative to version 42 to share the goods ...

EDIT: The model BAE / AVRO 146 can instead be used for goods with high value of speed bonus.

Giuseppe

The Hood

OK - should I make piece and cooled goods copies of the ATR 42 and the BAE 146 (I've already made the dats, it's just a case of whether I upload them to SVN)?

Milko

Quote from: The Hood on March 27, 2011, 05:52:17 PM
OK - should I make piece and cooled goods copies of the ATR 42 and the BAE 146 (I've already made the dats, it's just a case of whether I upload them to SVN)?
YES  :)
I'm happy to contribute to pakBritain  :), even if they are not English  ;)

All my models need to adapt running costs, costs of purchase and, for the experimental version, load times and comfort.
In the future I would like to help in this setting.

I like to use the livery and the actual characteristics of the aircraft that have or are flying, I noticed that I made ​​a mistake in dat I posted, I would fix them, I can ask (the hood and James) any corrections in the svn?

Giuseppe

The Hood

Just let me know what to change. 

I noticed these planes aren't British built, but that's no problem as long as they've operated here.  Planes are pretty international by their nature anyway.  I'm just happy to have you on board drawing stuff! 

Milko

Hello

New model, ATR 72 _ 200 , british airways livery (old livery)

ATR 72-200

First delivery            10/1989
Last delivery            06/1998
pax               66 / 72
Engines               2 x 25.0kN (2.160 SHP)
Operational  empty weight (OEW)      12,7t
Max fuel         5,0t
Max take off weigth (MTOW)      21,5t
Max zero fuel weight (MZFW)   19,7t
Max Payload (MZFW-OEW)      7,0t (7,8t versione cargo)
Cost               16,5-20M$ (2008 72-500)
Economical Cruise speed         460km/h
Max cruise speed            510km/h

Giuseppe

jamespetts

Milko

Hello

And now the atr_72_200 - Fed Ex

Room for 56 bags of mail (It can be used to transport other goods and goods is indicated for the slow).

ATR 72_200

First delivery            10/1989
Last delivery            06/1998
Engines               2 x 25.0kN (2.160 SHP)
Operational empty weight (OEW)      12,7t (11,9t versione cargo)
Max fuel         5,0t
Max take off weight (MTOW)      21,5t
Max zero fuel weight (MZFW)    19,7t
Max Payload (MZFW-OEW)      7,8t versione cargo – 4,8 cargo con max fuel
Cost                  16,5-20M$ (2008 72-500)
Economical Cruise speed         460km/h
Max cruise speed            510km/h

This aircraft (as cargo) may carry from 4.8 tonnes (for a maximum load of fuel) up to 7.8 tonnes (the highest technical merit).

My next project: BAC One Eleven  :)

Giuseppe

The Hood

Fantastic!  I'm just off on holiday (probably with your real life Easyjet airbus!) so I won't be able to upload these into the pak for a few days.  Looking forward to the BAC 111!

jamespetts

Giuseppe,

excellent addition as always, and am very much looking forward to the 111 - this would be an excellent addition to the pak!

The Hood,

bon voyage!

Milko

Hello

Probably the livery of the BAC will be 111 "BOAC"

I wish all a bit old British companies had at least one plane that flies in simutrans.
I always used pairs airplane - livery that actually flew. In many cases I also used the correct version of the aircraft (power, seats ...)

I think I will fulfill a ATR42 Cargo livery with DHL. Will realize the version ATR42_300. The ATR42_300 differs from ATR42_320 since it was introduced two years ago and has less power. I would like to avoid making a mail plane, what kind of good you want transport (preferably slow freight)? In the future this aircraft livery with DHL will be used as an alternative to FedEx livery.

Giuseppe

jamespetts

Of course, with the next version of Experimental, you could paint multiple liveries for the BAC 111, BOAC and BEA, perhaps?

The Hood

Finally got round to adding these - thanks a lot!

Milko

Hello

I need some advice from you.

I made ​​a version of "ATR42" by applying the livery "dhl". My intention is to assign this version the transport of goods.
However, considering the space in the hold (from 2.1 to 5.1 tonnes) and considering the average weight of each package of cooled goods and piece goods (600 kg) I get that I can put in the hold from 4 to 9 items. ... a little bit to make profits this plane.
I have always used the actual characteristics of the aircraft.
At this point, however, in your opinion, should I increase the value of goods loaded than the real value of the aircraft?

Giuseppe

The Hood

This is one area that will need balancing properly once we have all ships and planes drawn.  As a reference, "1 unit" of goods is the amount on a horse cart, so just pick an amount that makes sense.  Don't forget this is easy to change down the line.  Probably best to add some comments to the dat file so we know how it was calculated, whatever you decide in the end.

VS

This is only my opinion, but... I guess you're excited with the model and "milking" it for way too many variants. ATRs are ridiculously small to be considered as cargo vehicles in Simutrans. The scale of transportation says "mail" to me, since it isn't supposed to be only letters and postcards... That's up to you, though. Just a data point... ;)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!