News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Incomplete industry chains in pak128?

Started by railfan727, April 15, 2011, 02:52:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

railfan727

As I was going through the list of buildings in the Factory Builder tool, I noticed something interesting...

There's a chicken farm that produces meat and fertilizer, but no factory that consumes fertilizer.
And also, there's a furniture factory that consumes lumber and produces furniture, but nothing that takes furniture.

What's the reason for these industry chains appearing to be incomplete?  Is this just a simple omission, or is there a reason behind it?

uci

Shopping center (object: Moebelhaus) consumes both fertilizer and furniture.

Fabio

I wouldn't buy furniture where I can buy fertilizer as well.
Fertilizer should be used as an imput factor for agricoltural farms or greenhouses, but i would exclude it from being a consumer-end commodity.

railfan727

The pak I'm using does not include the Moebelhaus, but it does include a Moebelfabrik, which is the furniture factory.

There is a Shopping Mall, but it takes only electronics, textiles, and goods.  Is there a place where I can download the Moebelhaus, or obtain the source code for the Shopping Mall so I can add furniture to the list of items that it consumes?

gwalch

On this page http://www.simutrans-france.fr.nf/doku.php?id=en:misc, you can find  a "furniture_dealer" drawn by mEGa. This shop sells moebel !
French Elements Creator :
-By Rail with trains and trams : X3800 Picasso and BB36000 Astride - trams from Nantes, St Etienne, Strasbourg, Montpellier, Lyon, Bordeaux, Le Mans, Reims...
-By Road with Trucks : Main painter for the "french trucks company", with trucks from 50ies (Willeme "Squale Nose") to 2000 (Renault AE500 "Magnum) and a lot of trailers... and with Trolley and Buses : Irisbus Cristalis, Man Lion's City, Irisbus Magelys...
- Industry : Collaborator for french food with Wine and Cheese...

uci

Quote from: railfan727 on April 15, 2011, 10:24:15 AM
... Is there a place where I can download the Moebelhaus...
Shopping center (object: Moebelhaus) is included in pak128.open latest nightly.

grampybear

Railfan727--about a year ago Gouv painted a very nice "Home Market" as an addon for Pak128 but it was never finished. It did appear in the nightly for a period of time, I am not sure if it is still there or not. It carried furniture.  http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=4276.msg50459#msg50459

Zeno

I'm pretty sure it was finished and included in nightlies months ago.

Václav

Yea, yea ... I don't remember exact number but with download of hot nightly nothing cannot be done worse.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

grampybear

I think everything you are looking for can be found here

Corrected address
https://simutrans.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/simutrans/pak128/

Zeno

Nightlies are just back, so you can download it at the nightlies web site, paksets section.