News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

tram depot clipping error

Started by uci, April 05, 2011, 10:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uci

The picture attached shows a clipping error
when a vehicle exit a tram depot
(last stable + pak128.open.r1148).

Not sure if this bug belongs to pak128
or is more generic.

-uci-

VS

Thanks for the report!

Yes, this is a bug in the pak. Depots should be split into two layers, which are then shown as back-vehicle-front so that everything looks correct. Unfortunately, here we have everything in front layer... I remember most of the depots being fixed in the past, so this will be another. Strange that it didn't bother anyone ;)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Václav

I often ignore such bugs if they are not too much visible. And because I don't use trams often, it could left my sight well.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

VS

Yes, it's certainly not gameplay-critical :)

Fixed with rev. 1252, I hope!

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Václav

We shall see what we shall see  ;) - after nightlies pages will be corrected and new nightlies will be available again  :D.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Dwachs

I remeber seeing similar issues with tunnels. Dont know whether they are fixed already or not.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

uci

Some clipping problems exist with the tunnels (see images),
but I think they are of different nature. Can be fixed?

VS

Fabio

Quote from: uci on April 08, 2011, 06:50:32 AM
Some clipping problems exist with the tunnels (see images),
but I think they are of different nature. Can be fixed?
Some of these with tunnels depend on the alignment of vehicles, and i think they CAN be fixed.
But tunnels are a bit tricky if they don't span over the whole slope. This is program-wise. It would need a kind of "Concealing Transparency" special colour: show the ground below but hide the vehicle objects...

Quote from: uci on April 05, 2011, 10:40:54 AM
The picture attached shows a clipping error
when a vehicle exit a tram depot
Back to tram depots, they look a bit too small for my taste. They should be
1- a bit taller
2- a bit wider
at least to conceal the catenary posts on the back...

VS

I agree with both points - but for the time being, we have to do with what we got :)

The tram depot in particular doesn't even make me think "tram depot", it looks like a roundhouse (?) with the turntable missing.

Rail tunnels are worth fixing even short-term, road ones I'll leave for you (Fabio).

VS

I'm looking at Fabio's tunnels and there are really hard problems. Even if a tunnel mouth covers the whole tile surface, vehicles will be partially visible on the distant side. This is really a shortcoming of the current system, I'm afraid. Any amount of painting and tinkering won't fix this, except for drastic pakset-wide changes.

Or... if there is a proven cure, I'm listening eagerly :)