News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

monorail pillars clipping error

Started by uci, April 09, 2011, 06:49:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uci

Hope can be fixed.

DirrrtyDirk

No way to fix that, since ways are always drawn in the background of vehicles, regardless of the shape of the way. There is no "BackImage"/"FrontImage" parameter for ways, it's just "Image". So internally all ways are handled as flat roads or railroad tracks.

The only possible workaround would be to create the pillars (and part of the "track" - at least the parts that should cover the vehicles) as way-objects - requiring people to build both all the time. Yoshi did that for his Shonan Monorail - but it is a somewhat cumbersome solution.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

VS

Thanks for the report! Unfortunately, as Dirk says, unless the program is extended, no reasonable thing to do with paks. (Not even draw_as_ding helps.)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

prissi

You could use an electricfication for the pillars ... This goes in front too.

Dwachs

An implementation of way front images should not be that difficult.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

DirrrtyDirk

Quote from: prissi on April 11, 2011, 08:58:38 AM

I had already mentioned that workaround  ;D

@Dwachs:

If we could maybe have front / back images for ways some day... could we then also get them for signals and roadsigns? You see, for left traffic, (or left signalling) scenarios, they are automatically drawn "wrongly", i.e. behind when they should be in front and vice versa.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Dwachs

The code that computes the correct image for signals/roadsigns is one of the dirrrrtiest parts of the simutrans code :P
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Václav

Quote from: prissi on April 11, 2011, 08:58:38 AM
I know that inside pak128 is similar track - but it has pillar only behind track, itself - and over vehicle is electrification - but it would need to be re-made. I have planned to paint something like it - but I gave up.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

VS

Ways now have front images... I'm keeping this open, then :)

Or how about fixing this in r854? Closed :D

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!