News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Liveries

Started by The Hood, April 09, 2011, 04:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hood

As jamespetts has started coding livery variations in experimental, this thread will serve as the place to show off new livery variants as well as claim which ones different people will be doing.

So far: jamespetts has done:

BR class 24, 25, 31, 47, 50 and 71 (assuming you will do some of the later liveries as well as blue/green?)

I'm going to claim the following for now:
- Intercity 125 (BR Blue, BR IC swallow, GNER, NX, Virgin, GW, FGW, Midland Mainline, EMT, Cross Country, Grand Central)
- Mark III stock as that will be required for the above (I'll also add the One livery as well)
- Intercity 225 (GNER and NXEC)
- LNER A4 (LNER Silver, LNER green, LNER Black, BR Blue, BR Green)
- LNER A3 (LNER Black, BR Blue, BR Green)
- LNER Gresley stock (BR C&C, BR Crimson)
- LNER Coronation stock (LNER Silver, BR C&C, BR Crimson)

That should keep me quiet for a while :)

jamespetts

Currently, I am working through BR corporate liveries in diesel and electric locomotives - sectorisation era liveries and carriages/multiple units will come later. To that end, however, I should be grateful to have the .blends for the class 20, 35, 37, 40, 55, 73 and 77 to complete this first phase. I shall very much look forward to your liveries as planned above! Perhaps we could re-designate/reserve liveries for the second phase after we have finished our respecitve first phases?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

The Hood

Finally some progress - here are the A4s and coronation sets:

Top to bottom:
- Silver livery (1935)
- Garter blue (existing - 1937)
- Apple green (1935/6?)
- Austerity Black (1940)
- BR Blue (1948)
- BR Green (1951)

jamespetts

The Hood,

those look excellent! Apologies for not reverting to you about a repository and an interim binary: I have been rather preoccupied with trying to fix the networking problem at present, but I shall reply with a more detailed response on those points when I get an opportunity. Until then, I shall continue to admire your multicoloured handiwork above!

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

The Hood

Here are the A1/A3s

- GNR/LNER Green (1922, current)
- LNER Black (1940)
- BR Blue (1948)
- BR Green (1951)

jamespetts

ӔO

oh, now this is a very cool feature.
props for the good work. :D
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

The Hood

Time for some more modern liveries - the IC225 (class 91 and mk 4s):

- Intercity swallow (1988)
- GNER (1996)
- NXEC (2007 - in real life only one class 91 ever got this livery and no mk 4 coaches - this is a "what should have happened if NXEC didn't go bust")
- East Coast (2010)

jamespetts

Very good, as always!

The Hood

There are rather a lot of liveries for the IC125, so here's a clutch of BR liveries:

-Blue/Grey (1976)
-Intercity Executive (1983)
-Intercity Swallow (1987)

I've also done blue/grey mk3s, including a DVT (although the DVT never ran in blue under BR, it has since privatisation as part of the rail-blue sets)

jamespetts

A superb addition!

The Hood

And now the liveries from the ECML post-privatisation.  Also included are GNER and NXEA class 90s and mk3s (GNER mk3 dvt is fictitious, but for completion...)

- GNER HST (1996)
- NXEC HST (2007)
- Grand Central HST Original livery (2007)
- Grand Central HST Daylight livery (2010)
- NXEA Class 90 and Mk3s (2007)
- GNER Class 90 and Mk3s (not sure when this actually operated, but livery consistent from 1996)

jamespetts

Gosh - an impressive array!

The Hood

And another bunch - Great Western Mainline HSTs since privatisation

- Great Western Trains (1996)
- FGW Green (1998)
- FGW Corporate "Barbie" (2002)
- FGW Corporate "Dynamic Lines" (2006)

jamespetts

Unexpected bonus! Excellent!

Edit: I wonder whether it would be worth using the more recent livery set as an upgrade rather than simply a livery, since those vehicles have a redesigned (higher capacity) interior, and MTU engines.

rsdworker

looks nice - but i was wondering if virgin livery (pre vovagers and pentinos) would be nice for west main line and also east midlands had three liveries - midland mainline = first livery was all green with 3 orange bands then latter updated livery with dark green prior new east midland trains livery the present livery is red doors and bright white with blue band with wrap at ends as seen here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Class_222_East_Midlands_Trains_Diagram.PNG
but sometimes local trains have blue with wrap at ends

references for midland mainline liveries the seond livery on locomotive - http://www.flickr.com/photos/barry13092/5596023442/in/photostream/

the first one can seen in trainz 2006 and 2010

The Hood

Quote from: The Hood on April 09, 2011, 04:28:54 PM
I'm going to claim the following for now:
- Intercity 125 (BR Blue, BR IC swallow, GNER, NX, Virgin, GW, FGW, Midland Mainline, EMT, Cross Country, Grand Central)
- Mark III stock as that will be required for the above (I'll also add the One livery as well)

All in good time!!!

jamespetts

I know that I now have the .blend files for these, but any chance of uploading the .png and .dat files to avoid duplication of work? I'd like to include the work so far in my next release of Pak128.Britain-Ex.

The Hood

I should hopefully get some time to do that this week.

The Hood

All the ones I have done are in the SVN - they won't be compiled as part of Standard and the dat files are Standard dat files which will make a NEW object with those images - but you can easily copy the image code into whatever experimental dat files you use.

jamespetts

Thank you very much!