News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

pak64.Poland

Started by Emil Sawicki, April 28, 2011, 10:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emil Sawicki

Hello everyone!
Some time ago, I started creating addons for pak64: these were most popular vehicles from Poland.
I found, that e.g. when I want to create a narrow gauge line with beautiful steam loco going between colorful gardens, staying next to old wooden station building... I have to create it all.
I started from draw some citybuldings and cityhall. I have many work, before I start creating rail of my dreams.
I realize, that it's giant work, because new pakset won't contain any buildings and vehicles, that weren't designed specially for it. Many of you, who downloaded my vehicles from here, saw, that they are bigger that vehicles from official pak64.
It's very hard to find in Poland someone interested in playing Simutrans and it's "Mission: impossible" to find Simu' vehicles creators. I'm looking for people, who will draw for pak64.Poland.

In attachement are only ready buildings (pngs and zipped paks). Still I'm working on antique cityhall from my city, Wroclaw.

All my buildings have night and winter graphic version.
Simutrans 123, Windows 10

jamespetts

This looks like an interesting project - very best wishes with that! This is exactly how Pak128.Britain started, with somebody making railway addons for Pak128 and then building (slowly!) a whole pakset around it, so, difficult though it is, it is not impossible.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

An_dz

It's an interesting look, it's clearer and softer than pak64, but not so smooth like pakAbo, I've added a link to paksets pages at the wiki. Someone might get interested.

Emil Sawicki

Thank you for help, An_dz!
BTW, all my objects were drawn pixel-by-pixel in mspaint. I don't like to waste time learning any other programs. Better to draw something :)

vilvoh

Great work, Emil... we do need more pixel artist for the small paksets ;)

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Emil Sawicki

vilvoh

Yes, paksets smaller than pak128, you know...

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Emil Sawicki

I resumed work over Polish pakset. Next object I created is cobblestone road with sidewalk. The parameters are:
cost=7500
maintenance=700
topspeed=60
max_weight=40
intro_year = 1330
intro_month = 9
What do you think about it?

Below preview image. Attached .zip contains source files and a .pak.

Fabio

Emil, I'm glad this project was resumed. You could release a modified version of Pak 64 replacing e.g. default vehicles with your own, and selecting buildings which could fit the location theme.
I'm willing to create a board for this project as well, if you might be interested...

Emil Sawicki

I want to replace ALL objects from 'default' pak64.

I think we need a new board "pak64.Poland". It should contain this topic and my first vehicle thread: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=6208.0 , because these vehicles are part of new pakset.

IgorEliezer

Once you release a playable pakset and make available a download link (you can create some kind of "official download topic"), we would be glad creating a board for you. :)

Emil Sawicki

I put all my objects in one archive and uploaded it to files.simutrans-germany.com. Am I doing it right?

http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/pak64.PL.zip
Zip contains few locos, trams, buses, two res buildings and city street.

EDIT: I created a road bridge, but there's a problem: some parts of it are raised over road surface (see 1st pic below). I think I can't lower it, because it won't fill 64x64 square in .png source file. How to repair it?
Don't worry about the outlines, I'll erase it.

Another problem: while compiling my bridge, I got error message (see 2nd pic below), but I got a proper .pak file. What's wrong?

An_dz

The error is because you haven't specified a Front Image, and makeobj just report they are missing, but the file was compiled right. There's no problem on it.
The problem is your PNG, on bottom row the images are correct, but on top just 0.0 and 0.3 are correct. You need to make the BackImage without pillars and add the images for pillars on their own.

You can check this page at the wiki, it's in Portuguese, but it's very complete and you can check the examples in the bottom of the page. It also show an image to explain the pillar_assimetric.

Emil Sawicki

prissi

You can also move the image down by using an offset by command behind the image definition.

Fabio

Quote from: An_dz on April 27, 2012, 02:19:46 PM
You need to make the BackImage without pillars and add the images for pillars on their own.
Quote from: prissi on April 27, 2012, 08:33:10 PM
You can also move the image down by using an offset by command behind the image definition.

Better to use offsets, as prissi suggested.
Arched bridges need to have the arch in the bridge deck image and the column in the pillar image.
I usually set a default 32 px y-offset for bridges.

You can check this road bridge here for reference:

road_040_bridge.png

road_040_bridge.dat

greenling

Emil Sawicki
it´s be plan to make public the Scoure from your Pakset?
A Pakset the openly PNG and DAT has lighter read from mistake check.
Thank you.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Emil Sawicki

greenling

Thank you
Emil Sawicki
I look at the data now me and you will then the proposals which should be changed.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Emil Sawicki

OK, I'm waiting for your remarks.